Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine CDA-117 issues

Danno99 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine CDA-117 issues

Hey all,
    I purchased this head unit along with the HD/ITunes tagging component about 3 months ago online, and then went to the local Car Tunes shop and purchased from them 4 speakers and had them install everything for me. Parts and labor so far is around $1200.
    My deck will occasionally not find my IPod. When this happens, all the other options freeze up.
    To remedy this, I have to disconnect my IPod and plug it back in. I've tried using the ITunes tagging feature and I can see that I have 7 tunes tagged, but when I plug in my Ipod to ITunes, it doesn't do anything about the tagged songs. This morning I briefly saw an error 02, but cannot find any info about it.
    Here's the kicker....the installer says that I may have a bad deck, even though I bought it brand new, but I didn't purchase it from them, so I'm out of luck if that's the case. Is it possible that they messed up the install? Is there anything I can do about the issues I'm seeing with the IPod/Tagging?

Thanks for any info you can provide! I don't want to have to buy another deck just to eliminate this problem!

AllenH427 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine CDA-117 issues

Your installer is probably right, a defective headunit. I've played two of my friends iPods on mine and they've ran flawlessly. I've never used the tagging feature though, but I'd say it probably works.

TEAM XS POWER - MECHMAN - FI - AUDIOQUE
    152.1 OUTLAW AND CLIMBING, 4KW AT 40HZ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently it is my deck. I was able to *tag* a song using my IPod with the radio feature, and when I plugged it into my Itunes, I could see the tagged song there. Apparently my Alpine is not sending this information back to my IPod. This pisses me off to no end. I bought the Alpine off the net for $260. It retails for $400 so I thought this was a pretty good deal. Now I go back and check the site where I got it, and they offer a 14 day guarantee. It takes them 10 friggen days to mail it to you, and then you're supposed to know within 4 days if it's working properly?
    So it looks like I'm out $260 and will have to buy a new one at $400 in order to get the guarantee from the local dealer. That's a total of $660. Is there any justice in the world? What course of action would you take?

Thanks!
    Dan

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing...try and get support from Alpine is useless. It looks like you can only send them snail mail. I'd like to find out what that error 02 that I saw briefly, but there is no documentation or any reference to it on their website.

AllenH427 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I buy speakers unauthorized because they rarely have problems, unless it's defective out of the box, and in that case, companies like sonicelectronix and woofersetc are pretty good about sending you new ones. But when it comes to headunits, I only buy authorized because so much can go wrong with them, it's really worth paying the extra $100 or so for the warranty. Try returning it to the place you bought it from?

TEAM XS POWER - MECHMAN - FI - AUDIOQUE
    152.1 OUTLAW AND CLIMBING, 4KW AT 40HZ

THEGRIFFMAN is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Dan.
    I bought, through Amazon, a piece of sh-t Boss double din deck. It never worked right and I missed the 30 day window to return it for full refund. However, six months later, I pulled it and sent it back to the Amazon Refund Dept. I got all but $35.00 refunded. Check it out.
    thegriffman

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was able to contact the Electric Mart where I bought my unit and they assured me that my unit was still under warranty, which is reassuring.
    Still, they have to get back to Alpine to figure out what to do with my deck, and they are sure taking their time about it..

Closed Thread