Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Random Play in usb drive problems, which h/u is better in usb drive options?

aebm is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Random Play in usb drive problems, which h/u is better in usb drive options?

Hello group,
    Glad to be here, hope to find the right answers and learn from the experts here.
    Ok here is the thing, Im usb drive music guy (it means I dont use Ipod, or other mp3 player, mainly I like to have as many Gighas of music with me as possible. 64 Gb usb Drive actually is what I want to have, but so far only use a much samaller drive.

I use a Pioneer head unit: DEH-4000UB, everything seems to be ok with a major exeption: While using the usb drive I notticed that if I use the random function it will only random the song when the track is ended and not if I hit the "next" button on the faceplate, I have read the mannual and seems its the way this model works.
    As far as I know if you are using the Random function and you hit the next button it will go not to the next song but to a song randomly choosed right?
    So my big questions
    1): Any tips, advices or sugestions to be able to use this random funtion on my 4000-UB?
    2): Is it a problem with all Pioneers or just this model?
    2): In the event I decide to get rid of this unit, Is there any model, brand you people could advice I should buy?

So here is my needs:
    exeptional flexibility for usb drive use, fast readings times, shuffle, random availability, fast searching songs function, not the click, one click two, click three, I mean If I hit next and keep it pressed I want it to go really fast passing through songs, for example if I am in track 210 I want to go to track 400 really fast, I guess it can be done right? Budget?: Tight.
    Everything else is just ok with me, oh yeah remote control please. Any Sugestions on how to have what I need? I like Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, Pioneer.

Really Thanks in advance for the help and good advice!

I dont want to sell this unit just for that, but it getting annoying everytime I want to surf my usb drive files...

aebm is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Random Play in usb drive problems, which h/u is better in usb drive options?

Any Help?
    I know many of you know which head unit is best for use with external large cappacity usb drives that wont dy my bank account right?
    Thanks a lot!

papermaker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Random Play in usb drive problems, which h/u is better in usb drive options?

i went from pioneer to kenwood and never looked back..

knowledge is powerful but imagination is exponentially powerful..

experience is key!! otherwise life is boring, uneventful and pointless..

sub amps RD audio 1750s(SD3500 when i sell the RDs)---better audio prototypes
    mids CDT ES-6--tweeters CDT ES-02
    comp amp SD sax100.4D(for sale looking for a zapco 1000.4)
    deck..execlon x991

nateberrier is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Pioneer is known for sucking at randomizing songs. My solution was to get an ipod of similar capacity. I dont often listen to stuff on random anyway. If you want a better random selection I suggest another brand. I would take your usb drive to best buy and play around with some of the nicer decks until you find that one brand is doing what you want. I didnt say buy it there, but that way you could get an idea.

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

Closed Thread