Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Ok need some help with what setup to Go with, For Audiocontrol EQS

crfrider is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok need some help with what setup to Go with, For Audiocontrol EQS

Ok Im probally going to buy some audiocontrol products, Im looking to get a Epic 160 for my bass control and a Four.1 Audio Control EQ, now on this link
    https://rs6.eporia.com/pv_obj_cache/...%20Systems.pdf
    it shows basically my setup, I have a sub amp, front stage amp, and a rear stage amp, ok so what design should I go with, should I do design 1 and do the epic before the eq, would that help even the midrange bass, or should I go with design 2 and have it after the eq, which It shows I would need the electronic crossover 6XS also, would I need that? Well the FOUR.1 eq doesnt have a sub input, or output, just front high pass and rear high pass so im not sure if I could conect the 2, would I just take the front pre out off the deck and plug into the main input on the eq? also the epic 160 only has 1 input and 1 output so i figured i would take the sub out put on my deck and plug it into the epic 160 then from that run to the sub in on the 6XS then to my sub amp

Ref: ZachDash

smgreen20 is offline phoenixphorum-com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ok need some help with what setup to Go with, For Audiocontrol EQS

The four.1 isn't high pass, it's full range. What's put in is what it'll put out. So you will need a xover after it. The epicenter wont matter if it's before or after the four.1.

I'm a bit confused as to what all you have and what you're still asking. I'll look at it harder tomorrow after I've slept.

My install
    http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok so the 6xs is a crossover so i would need that, ok the Four.1 has 1 main input, I was just confused on which Preout off my deck would I use as the main input, The Front channel Pre outs? would it matter? and I was asking since the epic 160 has 1 input 1 out put, and the four.1 doesnt have a subout, I would have to just connect my sub output rcas off my deck to it, which it wouldnt connect to the four.1 at all which i guess wouldnt matter cause its made for just sub bass, so i couldnt restore the midbass too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the HU, use the fronts RCA outs to the four.1, out of the four.1 into the 160, out of the 160 into the 6xs, then to the amps.

You stated that your HU has sub out, you might want to bypass the four.1 for the sub output and go from the HU sub out to the 160 to the sub amp.
    There are a few different ways you could do things.

My install

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea i probally do it that way, just run the 160 for my subs, just run sub output from the deck to the 160 then from the 160 to the sub in on the 6XS then out from there to my sub amp, and just run the front channel rcas into the four.1, then the outputs would be front and rear into the 6XS front and rear inputs then out to my amps, sounds good thanks man

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That'll do it. You know what you're doing now.

My install

Closed Thread