I am looking for a new HU. Played with a Chinese unit for 6 months (car was totaled - so stereo is gone). Loved most of the features, functions and sound, but in the end, I won't go back due to some bugs...

Now looking at a new car, and new HU. I'm trying to find something perfect - which still seems to not exist...

It seems the Pioneer Z110 has decent functions (no center channel - I can live with that), but has an issue with boot time (I want to see the rear camera quickly). It also has been reported to take time to "store" iphone/ipod info for future use (30 min).

The Kenwood 9960 is supposed to have a more clunky interface.

Both seem to support HD radio, but the Pioneer (and maybe Kenwood) disable regular radio when the HD is installed (???)..

Eclipse seems short on functions...

I don't care about sound (I'm going with the fact that it will be fine).

Anyone done the work and research?

It's hard to find real info (aside from the one line posts like "model x kicks ***" or "model x *****" or "I own model x and its the best") - looking for *real* negatives (even more than the pros) on the best out there...

As an addition - in my Chinese thing, I could run iGo which showed many customizations - like current speed, and even "alerted" you when your speed was over x MPH (a very useful feature), or speed cams and red light cams etc etc

TIA