Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Lost Need some help instailing this double din.

dkorzun21 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lost Need some help instailing this double din.

Hey guys Im new here and have a couple questions installing this double din in my 07 silverado. Ok first off cruchfeild says that the max depth for my truck is 6.718" the double din I want ebay said its a total length of 6.89" which includeds the front face will this deck fit? I know that most decks our a couple inches bigger do to the faec plate. Here is the deck im looking at HD LCD Universal Double Din CAR RADIO DVD GPS BT iPod : eBay Motors (item 320444469847 end time Apr-02-10 21:06:51 PDT) . So you guys think this will fit mines a 07 big body style silverado.

Next question:
    Some people told me that I need a data bus interface to keep my chimes for the seat belt and stuff cuz its all run through the HU and it will run me about 100 bucks I dont mind losing theses noises but will it effect anything else in my car other than that and losing onstar.

Please help guys

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lost Need some help instailing this double din.

i just bought a new HHR, and eventually im going to put a double din in as well, and im wondering about the chimes and onstar as well. curious to see the replies here. might be better off checking on a silverado forum, unless someone on here owns the same truck and can shed some light.

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

Closed Thread

User Tag List