Closed Thread

Reload Thread: eclipse cd8051 vs pioneer 880

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eclipse cd8051 vs pioneer 880

i have both of them, but for the jeep i bought the eclipse...also have an eclipse 8 band EQ for the jeep too...

wondering if i should pick up an 880 instead (i love my 880 in the MINI) and just sell the eclipse? idk what kinda crossover the eclipse has built in, but another feature the 880 has would be ipod control through the HU that the eclipse doesnt have.

what do you guys think? i like the eclipse even though ive only messed with it a few times so far.

if i get another 880 itll be the one for sale for 200 shipped in the classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

MSW Danny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: eclipse cd8051 vs pioneer 880

I would hang on to that Eclipse since they are no longer producing any more car audio equipment. You might just hate yourself if you sold it and want it back.

Refs: Bloodstalker999, maldecido33, imtjnotu, BreakThisBread, freezeman_7,synikalt, pike110, pope, lastcall, vibebreaker, jnoel, jrekully17, wong05tsx, chopsu3i, skydeaner, No__ID(x2), silvercookie, Wkbdkid(x2), bjl95mustang, Harleyfx69, IDSkoT, gymfreak101, Beta, gbryant, KK07,Mzlady, Kicker1984, aallii1991, SAC-CA-4Runner, chenface, brenTgrillzem, jeeper07, Kid Red, tEh koRnDog, lopaka, RAB, Fuknmovin, PHILS04WRX, ecb12, fuggles, Lebronze,ascitiesburn69,Yourpop1979,h0ndaking03

NEED A CUSTOM BOX MADE? I CAN HAVE ONE BUILT FOR YOU. PM ME!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSW Danny View Post
    I would hang on to that Eclipse since they are no longer producing any more car audio equipment. You might just hate yourself if you sold it and want it back.
    very true...i hate myself for selling my cd8445 a few years ago as well!

i guess ill keep it, i have that, an EQ21000, and an eclipse 8 disc changer, all for ~$200 bux

i may pick up the 2nd 880 and run that, and just hold on to the eclipse just to have it.

Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I have an extra iPod adapter for the 880 if you need it. I used it for about a month and decided it was far too slow with my iPod Touch. I'd be willing to let it go for about $45 shipped.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im good i have one

it is slow but ive gotten used to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I tried to get used to it. I couldn't. I ended up upgrading to an eBay cable that plugs into the dock connector on my iPod and into the IP-Bus on the Pioneer. I control the iPod by hand with it. I've also got an Alpine KCA-420i that I'm not using for the same reason. But devices are much slower with the iPod touch than anything else.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh, i have the 160gb ipod classic. i dont know how much slower the touch is lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I've been thinking about picking up the USB adapter for the 880/800 because it's like $29.99 on Crutchfield right now. I was thinking of doing that with an external hard drive for all my music.

Closed Thread