Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 880prs noise at low volumes

dacheatham is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

880prs noise at low volumes

At low volumes I have a "crackling" for lack of a better description from my fronts. I did not have this issue with my 9884. It is not noticeable at higher volumes. Is this related to the widespread issues with this head unit? If so, is there a way to fix it?

references: Bought from charlieanderson, bball09124, coolwazabi, bchockey097, gohillaudio, licarus, phs1er, ls2poweredgoat, stiperformance, lakota, shinju, bones22, oldschoolboomer, viveet, draginx, lousiana_CRX, Serpent, jmistty, sundownz,sold to: newageking, nmbr1spt, tensfw, kraco, mazdakid, operationcougar, SoloXjeep, titan714, loudaccent, FJF, alfabit1,1ndatrunk, dabeholder, darkness_DTI, SLAM, nineball1, ircowagon, 1loudyukon, mrmextraded with; poundinak, bunkerking, bjalion, dcmcki, korn4life, 2loud4morrisSCAMMED by: gohillaudio and VarsityBumper

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 880prs noise at low volumes

common issue. it will probably only get worse. not just the 880, on ALL pioneers. my 880 was fine for years and just happened like 5 months ago, mine was BAD though.

the "fix" is to ground a set of RCA ouputs from the HU, to the chassis of the HU. theres a little threaded hole on the back of the HU. get a metric (i think its metric...M2 or something i cant remember) bolt, a little ring terminal, and ground it there. just strip some wire, and wrap it around the metal part on the RCA output, and tape it in place. ghetto, but itll work. ill get pics of mine tomorrow although i think theres pics around here but the search doesnt seem to work.

ill post pics tomorrow though if there isnt any, or if you still need help.

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    monkey you're a fat *****.

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

If you're feeling especially adventurous, you can open up the HU and attempt to solder where the pico fuse was. That's what I'd do if I blew mine. Notice I said if I blew it. It doesn't blow itself. Pioneer doesn't blow pico fuses, people blow pico fuses.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mine was fine for 3 years then went to turn it on as i have for the last 3 years and it blew..dont see where i came into play of it blowing in that situation?

Id much rather read a thread about someone getting flamed, even if its me, since it will at least be entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is what i did on mine to fix it (the red wires)

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orangecounty1 View Post
    mine was fine for 3 years then went to turn it on as i have for the last 3 years and it blew..dont see where i came into play of it blowing in that situation?
    You should rephrase your original post. It's not a common issue. It's a rather uncommon issue. However, it is common for people to blow the pico fuse by not disconnecting power to the HU before disconnecting the RCAs. I guess it could happen for no reason, but again, that's an uncommon issue.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Maglite is offline It comes in Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orangecounty1 View Post
    this is what i did on mine to fix it (the red wires)

Nice pic...might come in handy one day...thanks for posting.

If you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. -- Homer Simpson

brmcm15 is offline Oh lawdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

heres a pic of mine i just did a little bit ago..i need to re do it, thinking about selling it :/

08' VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by SlappinAzz View Post
    jesus christ nukka, just smoke some pot and pretend it is the correct album.

Closed Thread