Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine IDA HUs with IMPRINT (PXA-H100)

[DT] is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine IDA HUs with IMPRINT (PXA-H100)

Howdy Folks!

I'm running a IDA-X100 which I like quite a bit (since all my audio stays on an iPOD or USB drive). I'll be running a Sundown 100.4D, and some decent components (thinking maybe DLS R6As), plus eventually a single 10" sub. I plan on keeping the components passive (at least for now).

Since I want to get solid SQ, are there any downsides to the PXA? The cost isn't really much in the grand scheme of the whole system (I see them for ~$75-85 pretty regularly). I understand it also lets you run the KTX outboard tuning system.

Big differences in SQ? Is the KTX some good Voodoo or do you really need a audio pro do dial it in?

Thanks!

nineball is offline too many toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine IDA HUs with IMPRINT (PXA-H100)

the only thing the ktx does is give you the ability to have the system auto-tune itself, which is usually crap.

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Alpine IDA-x100 and imprint sound processor, I have not used the mic but the sound processor really makes the deck awesome! You need them both together but the end result is sweet!!!!

I enjoy the sound of pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Majorthump View Post
    2 Ohm speakers offer higher fidelity due to how freely the cone moves with lower wattage.
    wow! why so mean?
    look it up. it has a bigger thump to it.

superspank is offline Mad Fat Chick Killer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it's a decent Hu.

Bitgod is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had an IDA-X100+ PXA-H100 up until sometime last night *cough*. Smash n grab, they didn't even look any harder to find my ipod and Oakleys. I found the auto-tune part of it to not work as well as I'd like, though if you get the H100, you might as well spend the extra $25 or whatever it was for the software and mic to plug it in and play with it. So really I ended up with the H100 just to use the presets and more power to the outputs.

Now that I'm in the market for a new HU, I'm look around. I might get a X305 since it's basically just an updated X100, but I hate how Alpine rips you off. You pay $350 for that and get a "2 band EQ" and no BT. I can pay the same amount or a little less and get a Pioneer or Kenwood that will give me more EQs and BT built-in. The screen won't look as good though. I'd think about an IXA-W404, but I keep reading comments that the dumb thing can't even tell the correct time. Oh well, I'll keep looking, just thought it was funny that this was the top thread when I came on.

Closed Thread