Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Harnesses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Harnesses

Will the alpine 9886 fit a 7897 or a x303, it would be nice to not have to do so much crimping again.

nineball is offline too many toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Harnesses

dunno your answer but for future use these make it very easy to swap radios out if you do that sort of thing a lot, like some of us do. cheap too.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104095

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

Johnny Law.Lulz is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nineball View Post
    dunno your answer but for future use these make it very easy to swap radios out if you do that sort of thing a lot, like some of us do. cheap too.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104095
    i honestly never thought of that, still a little crimping but half as much.

nineball is offline too many toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it's great. the only downside is that you end up with a lot of extra males or females depending on which side you attach to the car side. since i always run amps i only need 5 connections at the most (power, ignition, remote, ground, illum) and one pack is enough for each hu. i used the female side on the car's harness (no exposed metal if i have no hu installed) so i have a 10 spare females now after putting the male ends on the 3 hus i am currently swapping around.

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

Closed Thread