i have a Kenwood DDX514 double din radio deck.
Today i was swapping my old subs with a new box and i accidentley touched the 12V cable to the amp and it sparked a little. i didnt realize i left the radio on went over and turned it of..
After i hooked it all up went over started the car turned on the radio and all it says is PROTECT. in the manual PROTECT means theres a short somewhere or a wire sparked (go figure i sparked the 12V cable to the amp form the batery) so i proceeded to read and it said of i hit the RESET button on the front it would make the radio go back to stock.so i reset it it came back on and it still just reads PROTECT. i pulled the radio out check wires check fuses all good. nothing changed just changed my sub box left everything else the same why would my radio be in protect mode..there is no shorts or anything and i reset it at least 20 times and still only reading protect. and ideas? i just want the radio to work