Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine IVA-D300, no sound in dvd mode

bumperlt is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpine IVA-D300, no sound in dvd mode (I will paypal you $10 if you lead me to a fix)

Hi,

I bought a used alpine iva-d300, when I got home I hooked it straight up to a battery under the hood to make sure everything worked well. It did. It played the radio fine and when I put a burned cd (not dvd) it played it fine also. Well, of course, now that I put it in my car, its not work right. The radio works fine, but when I switch is to dvd mode (to play a cd) there's no sound. It seems to be playing it, but no sound. When it was under our 4runner's hood it worked fine. My car is a 92 325i. As soon as I switch to dvd mode it pops, like maybe it's turned the factory amp off. What confuses me is that it was working fine!!

I thought maybe the ebrake/foot brake wires needed to be hooked up, but they weren't when I did straight to battery and it worked fine...

Also, stupid european car has a wierd battery connector, is there some sort of adapter?

Any help would be good, I was really excited to install this thing and now i'm bummed... thanks in advance..
    Last edited by bumperlt; 09-08-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Closed Thread