Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: Solid state capacitors?

  1. #1
    BennyLava's Avatar
    BennyLava is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Solid state capacitors?

    Im kind of a computer hardware enthusiast/hobbyist and my buddy and I (who is also one) were talking and we were wondering if the high end aftermarket headunits these days are using the good solid state capacitors. I sure ain't cutting my high dollar unit open (thus voiding the warranty) to find out lol. Might sound like a dumb question, or just too technical, but I was just curious I guess.







  2. #2
    BennyLava's Avatar
    BennyLava is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Solid state capacitors?

    Hmm i guess nobody know




  3. #3
    bigaudiofanati2's Avatar
    bigaudiofanati2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bridgeton, NJ
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Solid state capacitors?

    I would not know tell him to crack open a 300 dollar head unit and find out. Or your head unit.



    My build thread.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406175

    If anyone needs help just let me know

  4. #4
    Pl8er's Avatar
    Pl8er is offline Can you solve it?



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Solid state capacitors?

    Very much the wrong forum for this type of question. These children are interested in "is my 15 louder than 2 10's, do you have 10,000 watts in your car" etc. DIY forum will be the place for this. Or PM Electrodynamic



    NEVER buy from Dealer Cost Car Audio, ask me why

    Rainbow SLC+Tru 4.65 + RF 3sixty.2 = yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDeMan View Post
    Draw away. It has already been proven with math that you are wrong. I believe math is > paint last time I checked.
    "5 midgets spanking a naked man covered in thousand island dressing, is this love too?"



    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull187 View Post
    FYI the blue wire was connected to something else. I know it was put in right b/c the guys at Circuit City put it in.
    "We never underestimate, the destructive power of change."

  5. #5
    bigaudiofanati2's Avatar
    bigaudiofanati2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bridgeton, NJ
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Solid state capacitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pl8er View Post
    Very much the wrong forum for this type of question. These children are interested in "is my 15 louder than 2 10's, do you have 10,000 watts in your car" etc. DIY forum will be the place for this. Or PM Electrodynamic
    I agree with you man I am not for what is louder but that is like 75% of the people on here.



    My build thread.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406175

    If anyone needs help just let me know

  6. #6
    Pl8er's Avatar
    Pl8er is offline Can you solve it?



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Solid state capacitors?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigaudiofanati2 View Post
    I agree with you man I am not for what is louder but that is like 75% of the people on here.
    You have a very good question here though. I don't know the answer and google hasn't helped me answer it for you.

    I tried



    NEVER buy from Dealer Cost Car Audio, ask me why

    Rainbow SLC+Tru 4.65 + RF 3sixty.2 = yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDeMan View Post
    Draw away. It has already been proven with math that you are wrong. I believe math is > paint last time I checked.
    "5 midgets spanking a naked man covered in thousand island dressing, is this love too?"



    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull187 View Post
    FYI the blue wire was connected to something else. I know it was put in right b/c the guys at Circuit City put it in.
    "We never underestimate, the destructive power of change."

  7. #7
    bigaudiofanati2's Avatar
    bigaudiofanati2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bridgeton, NJ
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Solid state capacitors?

    LOL the funny thing is I am not the OP



    My build thread.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406175

    If anyone needs help just let me know

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum