Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Who makes a HU that does this?

dino velvet is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who makes a HU that does this?

Not a big fan of complex, many sub-menued eq controls, just would like seperate bass and treble controls that can be adjusted while driving, its a car after all.

This is what I need in a HU:
    • Play Ipod/Iphone3g, usb thumb drive a plus. Play mp3 cd's
    • 3 preamp out , front,rear,sub. Want 4V or more as have 3 amps, don't care about HU power amp.
    • Seperate bass & treble (is it still around). If not controls that are too complicated to control.
    • 1 DIN

Anything out there or do I have to get used to going thru menus to get to EQ controls?

Tone415 is offline A.K.A FrisnoG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who makes a HU that does this?

you can get a single din EQ..

Current Set up:[05-03-11] 2000 Chevy Impala
    Sub: 2x 15" SSA Icon d1 in a DCTV box
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe ap18001d
    Fronts: Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5x
    Rear: Rockford Fosgate 3-Way 6x9's
    Speaker Amp: Sound Stream Van Gogh 500.4
    HU: Alpine IXA-w404 - 8gb Ipod nano
    Electrical: 220 DB Electrical Alt - Big 3 in 2/0 g - Yellowtop 34/78 upfront - Deka Intimidator in the rear

C3 Customs is offline New Era in integrated SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ygpm

[CENTER]"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha

Bravox Audio - DLS - Stetsom - GermanMAESTRO- Second Skin -Arc Audio

ref:mcsoul, rollerdj, 5o4m6, slam, Fiercetimbo17, Jerry B, t00sh0rt, hey, SavageBlackout

Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I'll be selling my Kenwood KDC-MP832U, it has everything you are looking for. IT has the complex setting and it has basic ones too, Its very easy to navigate the menu system.

And it is the Organic full color display too very easy on the eye's at night.

List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!

Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dino velvet View Post
    Not a big fan of complex, many sub-menued eq controls, just would like seperate bass and treble controls that can be adjusted while driving, its a car after all.

This is what I need in a HU:
    • Play Ipod/Iphone3g, usb thumb drive a plus. Play mp3 cd's
    • 3 preamp out , front,rear,sub. Want 4V or more as have 3 amps, don't care about HU power amp.
    • Seperate bass & treble (is it still around). If not controls that are too complicated to control.
    • 1 DIN

Anything out there or do I have to get used to going thru menus to get to EQ controls?
    Kenwood has some great HUs that have all of this. Excelon X693 and the X993 would be my choices. I've the the X693 in my girlfriend's car. it's a really nice HU, especially if you're on a budget.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies. This is the deal, I had an Alpine CDA-something that was just too much of a p.i.t.a. for me if I wanted to adjusted treble,midrange or bass. I had to toggle thru menus to get to eqs that themselves were a pita to try to adjust while driving. As life goes that HU got stolen. I'm now using an Eclipse cd2000 thats much easier to navigate and has a treble/midrange/bass adjust.

I want to get something newer that has a more seamless integration for Ipods/Iphones & thumb drives but without having to pull over for 5 minutes trying to navigate menus to adjust the treble/mids/bass.

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

denon makes a nice simple head unit. it's short on your features i think though. 3 volt preamp i think. it's a little short on features

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, been googling HU's til my eyes fell out. I'll get used to the EQ's in HU's nowadays I suppose as thats what is out there.

Anywho, so now the priority is a HU that has good controls for an Ipod & USB drive. Been looking at the Excelons, that X693 seems nice and some Clarions, such as the DXZ785USB. Seems the DXz line has 6v preamp outs. Budget for a HU is under $200. Will both of these HU lines play thumb drives? Does one have better/easier Ipod/Iphone controls than the other? Oh yeah and which one has better EQ controls?

Haven't looked to close at Pioneers but if you know some models I should look at instead of the above ones let me know.

Thanks

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDA9...ures_and_specs

alpine 9856 was the easiest h/u I have ever played with.. I loved it!! If i didn't want a DD touch screen i woulda kept it.. now then the pre outs are 2 volts but you can get a line driver if its an issue.. I don't know if its iphone compatible though.. although it is compatible with most..

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just get a higher end eclipse unit, if you like the 2000 but want better media support.

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Ok, been googling HU's til my eyes fell out. I'll get used to the EQ's in HU's nowadays I suppose as thats what is out there.

Anywho, so now the priority is a HU that has good controls for an Ipod & USB drive. Been looking at the Excelons, that X693 seems nice and some Clarions, such as the DXZ785USB. Seems the DXz line has 6v preamp outs. Budget for a HU is under $200. Will both of these HU lines play thumb drives? Does one have better/easier Ipod/Iphone controls than the other? Oh yeah and which one has better EQ controls?

Haven't looked to close at Pioneers but if you know some models I should look at instead of the above ones let me know.

Thanks
    The X693 will play anything USB as long as the music is in the correct format, which would be MP3, WMA, or unprotected AAC. It supports WAV, but not via USB. I tried that one day to figure it out for someone here who had a question.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah thanks. Just bought a X693 as it seemed to be the best compromise of options. Most people seem happy with it and its not too $$. My Eclipse HU is crapping out, no output on the left channel so needs to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yeah thanks. Just bought a X693 as it seemed to be the best compromise of options. Most people seem happy with it and its not too $$. My Eclipse HU is crapping out, no output on the left channel so needs to go.
    You'll be more than happy with it.

PerformanceAuto is offline Certified Audio Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread