Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Navigation or No???

Alex73189 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Navigation or No???

Hey guys I am new to the forums here but I figured I could get some good feedback from all you guys.
    I am willing to spend $400 on a new headunit. My first question to you guys is if a navigation system built-in is reliable/worth spending an extra 100-200 dollars just to have navigation built in? Or should I just resort to a regular Garmin or Tom Tom?
    If you believe it is worth it, please by all means recommend a headunit to me. I would love to have bluetooth built-in and Ipod controls through the unit with it as well. This is the one I was thinking about: Dual XDVDN8190

If you believe it is not worth it, please give me reasons why, and recommend a head unit with great sound quality with built-in bluetooth/ipod controls. I am currently looking at this:
    Alpine CDA-9886. I heard you cannot really go wrong with an Alpine. Only downfall is that it does not have blue tooth built-in.

Please just let me know if you would not mine, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

AVSTANG02 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Navigation or No???

I would never have a separate nav unit.. I hate extra clutter.. I will always have a all in one..

I'd spend $500+ and get a great indash gps / dvd... eclipse, kenwood, pioneer...

Depends on the features you can afford I guess..

If it would be cheaper to buy a seperate gps and headunit and get more features you may as well do that..

If you have a double din dash you have a lot more options for a good GPS... Tons on Ebay...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually have a 2000 Chevy Silverado, that doesn't support double DIN HU. But I have heard if you get a 04+ bezel dash you can customize it to fit. Anyone heard the same? Because I would love to get a double DIN HU, you recommend any kind for around 500? I am willing to pay that.

slapperz is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The extra clutter is a pain in the *** and looks ugly. But nothing compares to designated GPS system as supposed to a combination of HU/GPS. But nonetheless if its newer 2007+ model only the load up time is the issue.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd go with a separate GPS, but just because I'd use it for much more than vehicle navigation.

hornedfrog1985 is offline <---Down Syndrome Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a $150 gps is really a great piece of equipment. I stick it in the far right hand corner of the windshield, or if it fits above the review mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by danyopjr View Post
    Kickers are not meant to last that long so therefore seems like this sub is either abused with running too much watts to em or have been used for awhile. Kickers are ok for the price but wont last long when running them for awhile or running too much Watts to em
    Refs thread. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...read?p=6573666

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay well I appreciate all the answers/opinions. I am looking more towards a Navigation head unit now. Next questions is which Headunit Brand has the best quaility navigation? I heard Alpines is terrible and it sounds like Kenwood/Pioneer are on the leading end. I am also looking at possibly a Dual brand. Please let me know what you guys think of those 3 brands for navigation, or perhaps you like another brand. Thanks.

Alex

Closed Thread