Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer DEH P88RS AUTO TA and EQ

I am reading now about this options,and i understand how its done,but i dont have the michrophone that is needed.

Can i buy another mic and use it,or does it have to be a certain brand?
    Last edited by TheeyaN; 07-01-2009 at 07:46 AM.

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer DEH P88RS AUTO TA and EQ

Contact Pioneer and see what they want to charge you for it. Try pacparts.com as well.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

I did a search on pacparts.com. They don't have anything about the p88rs, but they do have the mic for the p800prs. The price on that is 39.87 before shipping. That's pretty pricey. I'd contact Pioneer and see if they'll be willing to help you out on this. Also, check Radio Shack for a mic. I believe it would work with any mic that uses a 35mm plug and faces one direction.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

TheeyaN is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will contact them!

Another question

Do i insert the mic in the AUX hole that is located on the bottom of the HU's face?

Louisiana_CRX is online now dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

sometimes you can find mics for pioneers cheaper on ebay

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheeyaN View Post
    Will contact them!

Another question

Do i insert the mic in the AUX hole that is located on the bottom of the HU's face?
    On my p800prs, yes. I would assume it's the same for yours. For mine, I hold the eject button so the face will lower without ejecting the cd. I insert the mic and go through the menu and do the auto setup. It's really rather simple, and like I said, I'm sure it's the same way for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana_CRX View Post
    sometimes you can find mics for pioneers cheaper on ebay
    This is definitely worth checking out.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes well i am from Serbia,and we dont really have e bay here.. I can try on German e bay,but its still quite a hussle..

So i bassicly turn on AUX1 in my settings,plug the mic in the aux,strap in on the head rest on my seats,put the car in a ''as silent as possible location'' turn the engine and any other sound making ''thingy'' off,engage the auto EQ and leave the car..

And as i saw that takes about 6 minutes for it to make..

Tell me what adjustments does this make? Does it do EVERYTHING by its self? Or do i still have to make some manual adjustments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Yes well i am from Serbia,and we dont really have e bay here.. I can try on German e bay,but its still quite a hussle..

So i bassicly turn on AUX1 in my settings,plug the mic in the aux,strap in on the head rest on my seats,put the car in a ''as silent as possible location'' turn the engine and any other sound making ''thingy'' off,engage the auto EQ and leave the car..

And as i saw that takes about 6 minutes for it to make..

Tell me what adjustments does this make? Does it do EVERYTHING by its self? Or do i still have to make some manual adjustments?
    As far as manual adjustments after the Auto EQ is completed go, I'm not sure. I would assume that you would be able to make changes to it and it would be saved under User 1 or User 2 just like when you adjust one of the factory EQ curves. Honestly, I don't use the Auto EQ feature. I find it more fun to do it all by myself. Plus, I don't think the Auto EQ would be able to perfectly match the music to my liking.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you,it has 2 settings. I want to make one setting my own manual,and the other with auto TA and EQ. After that compare those 2 and see where i am =)

U know what is the strangest thing on this HU? It has milion options,bilion options lol but i dont see subwoofer level volume control anywhere?

It only has sub ON/OFF.. Is that possible or am i crazy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

I agree with you,it has 2 settings. I want to make one setting my own manual,and the other with auto TA and EQ. After that compare those 2 and see where i am =)

U know what is the strangest thing on this HU? It has milion options,bilion options lol but i dont see subwoofer level volume control anywhere?

It only has sub ON/OFF.. Is that possible or am i crazy?
    On mine, I have to control the subwoofer level with the crossover for the sub. That is the one thing I miss about my Alpine I used to use in my car. I'd have to hit the volume knob one time and then I'd be in the sub control. Now, I have to go into the audio menu and lower the sub level in there. It's a little more of a hassle, but the tradeoff is definitely worth the sound quailty and the other features I gained.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going over the manual now and no,i dont have the sub volume level like Alpine did. Alpine has up to +15 as i can recall.

This HU only has SUB ON,LPF,SLOPE.. So i guess its pre-set to the finest quality =P

What way did u use to set the gains on your car? And did u use filters only on the HU,or are your filters turned on on the HU and on the amp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

I was going over the manual now and no,i dont have the sub volume level like Alpine did. Alpine has up to +15 as i can recall.

This HU only has SUB ON,LPF,SLOPE.. So i guess its pre-set to the finest quality =P

What way did u use to set the gains on your car? And did u use filters only on the HU,or are your filters turned on on the HU and on the amp?
    For setting my gains, I used my hearing. I still need to make a couple of adjustments on my amps but not too much. It's almost there. As far as crossovers go, I'm using strictly the head unit. I used to have them with the amps high pass set a little lower than the head unit in the case I'd lose my settings to protect the speakers, but now I just use the head unit so I can have full control from the driver's seat. My Pioneer doesn't lose the settings like my Alpine would if there is/was a power loss.

Oh, and Alpine does go up to +15 dB and gives you phase control when you go into the sub settings by pressing the volume button. Are you sure you can't control the level of the sub in the crossover settings? There's absolutely no way Pioneer would know the "optimal" setting for the sub level.

nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

You don't have to turn aux 1 on. And the pioneer does -30 db to +6 on the sub level.

Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FOUND IT! =)))

It was hiding in the LPF area,i am just getting use to the controls. Am checking out the options with no music ^^,speakers and sub arent conected.

Anyways found it,and it had -24 +6. I have set it on +6,becouse i was reading that before setting gains u should pump sub volume all the way.

I also have those setting for my HPF,but there it cant go in the plus,only in the minus.. The limit is again -24.

How did u set your slope? Is for the sub -12 and for the components -6db ok?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just found the microphone used in a Parrot Hands Free. Their top model.

I hope it will work,but first i have to install the music ^^

One question.. Does the mic have to be mono or duo? It has those lines on the input.. One black line is mono,and 2 lines are stereo?

Closed Thread

User Tag List