Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

  1. #1
    Ryan1126's Avatar
    Ryan1126 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    for some stupid reason every time i go through my artists on my ipod on the deck it freezes on the artist "Wale" and then it will say "error 01" and then it wont let me browse my artists again until i unhook my ipod and plug it back in, so i have to go all the way through my artists to get any of the artists that start with "v" which is a pain int eh *** since i have like over 8000 songs, and like 500 artists. also it wont reject my whut it dew cd and that is startin to **** me off, whats the deal? do you think alpine will fix this?







  2. #2
    Ryan1126's Avatar
    Ryan1126 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    anyone?




  3. #3
    nuugen's Avatar
    nuugen is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    Did you try a firmware update on the Ipod? also try to reset the Alpine for the CD issue..if it still doesn't eject then check to see if you are still under warranty..



    People who are driving faster than you are maniacs, and people driving slower are morons...
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25289&dateline=124426  2226

  4. #4
    Ryan1126's Avatar
    Ryan1126 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    yes i tried updating my ipod, but maybe it would be a good idea to try a different ipod to see if the problem consists? yeah i tried to restart and the cd is still stuck every time i turn my truck on the deck makes a jacked up noise like its trying to eject the cd but cant.... Its not under warranty i bought it used :/ am i ****ed?




  5. #5
    nuugen's Avatar
    nuugen is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    Take the top off and see if you can gently pry up the mechanism with a hook tool and manually get the cd out..may be something wrong with it or it's cracked/split..
    When you say you restarted the Alpine, did you press the reset button with a ball-point pen/similar object?



    People who are driving faster than you are maniacs, and people driving slower are morons...
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25289&dateline=124426  2226

  6. #6
    Ryan1126's Avatar
    Ryan1126 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by nuugen View Post
    Take the top off and see if you can gently pry up the mechanism with a hook tool and manually get the cd out..may be something wrong with it or it's cracked/split..
    When you say you restarted the Alpine, did you press the reset button with a ball-point pen/similar object?
    No? i didnt know there was one? ill try that, but i doubt it will fix it, it sounds liek something is ****ed up inside mechanically, it may have happened teh night my girlfriend pissed me off so i socked up my dash, it was either the dash or her...




  7. #7
    nuugen's Avatar
    nuugen is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1126 View Post
    No? i didnt know there was one? ill try that, but i doubt it will fix it, it sounds liek something is ****ed up inside mechanically, it may have happened teh night my girlfriend pissed me off so i socked up my dash, it was either the dash or her...
    Yikes, yeah girls will def make you angry like that sometimes... ( I have smashed a windshield or two with my fist before, but that becomes quite expensive in short order!
    Look closely at the face, or take the face off and look on the radio itself..There should be a very small detent in there about the size of the tip of a ball point pen..Press one into that and you will feel the betton press in, hold it for a second, let off..Then try to eject again..



    People who are driving faster than you are maniacs, and people driving slower are morons...
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25289&dateline=124426  2226

  8. #8
    Ryan1126's Avatar
    Ryan1126 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    Quote Originally Posted by nuugen View Post
    Yikes, yeah girls will def make you angry like that sometimes... ( I have smashed a windshield or two with my fist before, but that becomes quite expensive in short order!
    Look closely at the face, or take the face off and look on the radio itself..There should be a very small detent in there about the size of the tip of a ball point pen..Press one into that and you will feel the betton press in, hold it for a second, let off..Then try to eject again..

    yeah she was drunk and acting stupid *** hell screaming at me because soem girl texted me....it was a bad nice, is till think my pinky is broken but no health insurance yeah ill go try and reset it.




  9. #9
    Ryan1126's Avatar
    Ryan1126 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Alpine CDA-9857 ipod issue?

    nothin

    still wont eject it.




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum