User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need a little help, please.

Rideredder is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a little help, please.

Can anyone help me find a fit kit for a 2001 Jetta? I've been looking all night and haven't found one yet. I found a couple at Crutchfield.com but when I add them to the cart it says they won't fit. Also the universal one I found on eBay is the same one as on Crutchfield, so that won't work. I'll keep looking though.

Ref: scissors (AKA Chad Lee from Ecoustics.com)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need a little help, please.

Or does it even need a fit kit?

MetalHead888 is offline MetalHead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rideredder View Post
    Can anyone help me find a fit kit for a 2001 Jetta? I've been looking all night and haven't found one yet. I found a couple at Crutchfield.com but when I add them to the cart it says they won't fit. Also the universal one I found on eBay is the same one as on Crutchfield, so that won't work. I'll keep looking though.
    it should definatlly have a kit. type in 2001 volkswagon jetta dash kit on ebay and crutchfield.com im sure youll find it,

nuugen is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a double-din OEM right? The only "kit" for a Jetta is a din-sized pocket, you would install it into the bottom of the radio cavity and install the radio into the leftover din-sized hole above it(or vice-versa)..Metra makes a pocket, part #88-00-9008
    If you have a single-din OEM the you don't need any kit at all, just a harness and antenna adaptor..
    Go here for kit/harness info:
    http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx

People who are driving faster than you are maniacs, and people driving slower are morons...
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25289&dateline=124426  2226

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nuugen View Post
    You have a double-din OEM right? The only "kit" for a Jetta is a din-sized pocket, you would install it into the bottom of the radio cavity and install the radio into the leftover din-sized hole above it(or vice-versa)..Metra makes a pocket, part #88-00-9008
    If you have a single-din OEM the you don't need any kit at all, just a harness and antenna adaptor..
    Go here for kit/harness info:
    http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx
    I'm not really sure. It's my friends car and I haven't looked at it yet. I saw the pocket kits, but I don't know if he needs it. The only other mounts I seen was what looked like just a trim ring that goes around the HU for a single DIN, but Crutchfield says that it won't fit.

nuugen is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is a single-din OEM, just lock the cage in and slide the HU in..If it is double din, then grab one of those pockets and you are good to go..Easy Peasy

People who are driving faster than you are maniacs, and people driving slower are morons...
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25289&dateline=124426  2226

Closed Thread