Closed Thread

Reload Thread: When using Bluetooth.....

google123 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When using Bluetooth.....

Quick question regarding using bluetooth. For example, say I go with the Kenwood X993. When I want to use the Bluetooth function to play the music stored on my phone, will the data files, stream to the phone and then be played using the HUs processor or will I have to play the songs on my phone and then stream the playing music over Bluetooth to the HU much like streaming music to a headset???? I was just wondering if the HU would access the file structure on the card, transfer the data files wirelessly and THEN process/play them using the HU instead of having to play the songs on the phone and then just streaming the sound wirelessly to the HU. I think I made that clear.......... It seems like this could possibly cause a sound quality difference........

Its kinda like playing songs on your Ipod and transferring the music through an AUX connection using the headphone port vs connecting to the Ipod plug and then accessing the files but "processing" them using the HU instead of the Ipod.

Thanks.

nineball is offline too many toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: When using Bluetooth.....

i am 99% certain that the x993 does not support streaming bt, just a bt connection for telephone purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: When using Bluetooth.....

Yeah i'm pretty sure to, you can't steam music through bluetooth. It's design as a headset and not data transfer as of yet. You might be able to get a cable to do what you want. It depends on what phone you have. For example, i have an iphone and they have the data cable that hooks up to the unit to play music off the iphone, but i control everything through the receiver.

Closed Thread