Reload Thread: Pioneer P88RS I pod?

TheeyaN is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer P88RS I pod?

Pioneer P88RS 1! The first model,not the second

Model year is 2005 i think.. Anyways..

What do i need to connect i pod with it?

It says.. I POD READY.. But..

I saw that Pioneer Head Units that have letter P in front of their name dont need the I POD ADAPTER,only the cable.. The cable ''whole'' is the same as for the CD CHANGER..

I think its called the IP Bus or something?

Anyways.. Does anyone have the info from the first hand.. Do i need only the cable.. Or do i need the whole adapter?

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer P88RS I pod?

Can get IIRC a 3.5mm to 2.5 cable to plug into the deck, which is an AUX. Just plug the cable in to the bootom of the deck, when the deck is in eject mode and you have to use your iPod to control the songs and what not, it won't list songs and **** off the deck.

You have to get the iPod adapter for that, which just got to Pioneers website and look for the kit. I had one for mine, never installed when I had it. Just name not coming to me right now.

maybe CD-1100 or something like that, but don't quote me on it. I paid 40 bucks for it a couple years ago.

Cheaper to go with the AUX cable, but don't sound as good to me and can't use the deck besides turning it up. If you want full use of everything through the deck, then go the adapter way. More expensive, but worth it IMO.

Just bought my iPod adapter for my JVC and could have opted out for the AUX wire, but I like to use my deck for everything.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

profundus-sanus is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

gotta use the cd-ib100II to do it.

its not full speed though... But the sq is great on it and you can put your ipod in the glovebox, out of the way.

TheeyaN is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah.. That ***** than.. Cause i dont even have an I Pod lol ^_^

I will probably buy USB adapter then

Here is the link..

http://cgi.ebay.de/PIONEER-CD-UB100-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Off topic.. I cant beleive how cheap stuff is in the USA.. Its basicly for free lol.. And u people have a loooooot of moneeey..

I work for about 200-250 dollars a month.. And everything is much more expensive.. And i still manage to do it =P

profundus-sanus is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheeyaN View Post
    Yeah.. That ***** than.. Cause i dont even have an I Pod lol ^_^

I will probably buy USB adapter then

Here is the link..

http://cgi.ebay.de/PIONEER-CD-UB100-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Off topic.. I cant beleive how cheap stuff is in the USA.. Its basicly for free lol.. And u people have a loooooot of moneeey..

I work for about 200-250 dollars a month.. And everything is much more expensive.. And i still manage to do it =P
    what do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

ejschultz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

the pioneer sound quality with the ipod is awesome compared to other units i've used. i had an alpine with the kca-420i and it was okay, but there was a constant background hiss. with the pioneer and the cd-b100ii, there's absolutely no hiss at all, even with the volume all the way up. for a non full speed control, it works great and i'd highly recommend it.

94 Caprice Classic LS: DEH-P800PRS, TS-C720PRS, MRV-F545, MRD-M1005, 2 Fi X 12s in 2.5 net cubes sealed; 97 Grand Cherokee TSi: CDA-9855, TS-D1720C, MRV-F345, MRD-M605, SWX-1043D in .54 net cubes sealed

Resident Jeep Expert, Mother Fucker

Closed Thread