Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 92 Mercedes 300e head unit install and full rewire

mcj660 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

92 Mercedes 300e head unit install and full rewire

So i recently purchased a 92 Mercedes 300e as my first car but the head unit did not work. i decided to get an aftermarket alpine x200 but i have hit many problems with the install. i have the wiring harness connected and i beleive all of the ground wires correct. I was told the speakers are 2 channel ( not sure if this is the correct term but the way i wired it was the front and back speakers are wired together for both sides.) but im not sure if i did that right.

the head unit came on but the speaker would only play out of the 2 speakers in the dash but none of the side or back speakers.

does this have to do with the amp?
    should i disconnect the amp and it would work?
    can the speakers in the car be powered by the head unit for the time being before i completely rewire it?

FJF
    FJF is offline No Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 92 Mercedes 300e head unit install and full rewire

Quote Originally Posted by mcj660 View Post
    I was told the speakers are 2 channel ( not sure if this is the correct term but the way i wired it was the front and back speakers are wired together for both sides.) but im not sure if i did that right.
    No offence, it sounds like you have no idea what you're doing and why you're doing it. Even if the folks here point you in the right direction, the odds of you truly comprehending the advice are slim. Why not take your car to a shop and have them help you? It may cost you a bit, but you'll have a working system.

Alpine - US Acoustics - Earthquake

fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

So i recently purchased a 92 Mercedes 300e as my first car but the head unit did not work. i decided to get an aftermarket alpine x200 but i have hit many problems with the install. i have the wiring harness connected and i beleive all of the ground wires correct. I was told the speakers are 2 channel ( not sure if this is the correct term but the way i wired it was the front and back speakers are wired together for both sides.) but im not sure if i did that right.

the head unit came on but the speaker would only play out of the 2 speakers in the dash but none of the side or back speakers.

can the speakers in the car be powered by the head unit for the time being before i completely rewire it?
    maybe you missed my reply in your other thread but quit asking questions and read a book. you are just going to do more damage to the vehicle than you can imagine.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

Justin89T is offline I Drive A Supra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1: Listen to them and take your car to someone who has a clue WTF they're doing.

2: If you're too stubborn to listen to everyone's advice, do you have a small dial on the dash with a small speaker emblem next to it? It will resemble a dimmer switch.

Its a fade for the front and rear speakers. All four speakers are connected to it, then just two sets of wires from it to the deck.

ps2cho is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay I have a 1988 300TE and a 87 260E.

This thread might help you out. In short -- the built in fader in the console changes the 2 channel into a 4 channel.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/e-clas...swap-w124.html

Closed Thread