Closed Thread

Reload Thread: headunit issue

casedawg350 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

headunit issue

I have a Alpine CDA-9884. I got this in January, and used it until about 2 weeks ago. I got a different vehicle, and now have the hu in my 1998 dodge ram 1500. its been in for about a week. now the issue: when i have the hu on the CD player or iPod, music is only played out of the speakers in the back doors. The truck is a quad cab.

On the harness, the factory hu had a black ground, i was told to clamp that with the Alpine black. And the blue/black from the Alpine i clamped with the blue/black from the truck harness. I left the reg blue by its self since i dont have a remote wire ran for an amp right now. I hope i did that right.

My questions is basically why is it on the regular tuner (FM), music comes from the tweets and all the door speakers, but on the CD player or iPod it only plays from the back.

I put the fader to the front, thinking it was just off, but when even when i did that nothing came out of the front mids/highs. Everything worked perfectly fine in the first vehicle i had it in, so i dont understand why it doesn't now.

ANY help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    to bad they do not have a website

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: headunit issue

Quote Originally Posted by casedawg350 View Post
    I have a Alpine CDA-9884. I got this in January, and used it until about 2 weeks ago. I got a different vehicle, and now have the hu in my 1998 dodge ram 1500. its been in for about a week. now the issue: when i have the hu on the CD player or iPod, music is only played out of the speakers in the back doors. The truck is a quad cab.

On the harness, the factory hu had a black ground, i was told to clamp that with the Alpine black. And the blue/black from the Alpine i clamped with the blue/black from the truck harness. I left the reg blue by its self since i dont have a remote wire ran for an amp right now. I hope i did that right.

My questions is basically why is it on the regular tuner (FM), music comes from the tweets and all the door speakers, but on the CD player or iPod it only plays from the back.

I put the fader to the front, thinking it was just off, but when even when i did that nothing came out of the front mids/highs. Everything worked perfectly fine in the first vehicle i had it in, so i dont understand why it doesn't now.

ANY help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    remote wire is blue with a white stripe, not just blue. I am going ot guess your problem is with that wire, especially when only radio works (something with your antenna maybe?)

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so i should clamp the blue/white with the 2 blue/blacks?

nineball is offline too many toys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

since you are not using an amp you only have to connect the bare minimum. black (ground), yellow (constant 12v), red (ignition 12v), orange (illumination - only if you want to) and then all speaker wires. solid blue is usually for the power antenna which i am pretty sure your truck does not have.

Quote Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
    I have 4 12s getting 2K watts rms and my front stage is 4 Walmart JVC coaxials running off 16 watts rms of head unit power. My sub sounds fine but my mids and highs don't sound very clear and start to distort long before my subs do. Anybody know why? Any suggestions?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i figured it out and got it working right!

i put the 2 reg blues together, with out the blue/white (which is how i had it originally) just to test, and it did the same thing. while the music was playing i touched the blue/white to the reg blues and the fronts came on! so i just clamped all 3 together and it works fine now. thanks Gumby!

Closed Thread