Closed Thread

Reload Thread: question about audiocontrol lc6

ballistik101 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

question about audiocontrol lc6

I was thinking about getting a lc6i because I want to retain my factory stereo in my 04 accord coupe. I want to hook up a 4ch amp and a mono amp. Would I hook up the lc6I just like I would a normal loc? Would I just tap into my rear speaker line and put them into the main input on the lc6I, or should I use both front and rear speaker lines and plug them into the lc6I?

One more thing, do I need anything else to go with it like an eq or something???

Thanks ppl

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: question about audiocontrol lc6

I know someone out there messed around with unit could help me out. i dont want to end up buying it and i really dont need it

xx24xx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The thing about these units is the boosted signal doesn't sound any better than the original source. For example if you stock deck puts out a 2V signal that doesn't sound great ... boosting it to 5V won't sound better.

If you are really firm on keeping the factory stereo, I suggest installing a second superior HU hidden in the lower console or in the glove box.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xx24xx View Post
    The thing about these units is the boosted signal doesn't sound any better than the original source. For example if you stock deck puts out a 2V signal that doesn't sound great ... boosting it to 5V won't sound better.

If you are really firm on keeping the factory stereo, I suggest installing a second superior HU hidden in the lower console or in the glove box.

I wouldnt mind swapping out the factory headunit w/ an aftermarket one but the radio hrnesses they have available for my car are kinda ugly, lol. Now if i do what your talking about, would i still have full control of my factory stereo, or would i have to control everything wit the 2nd headunit?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xx24xx View Post

I wouldnt mind swapping out the factory headunit w/ an aftermarket one but the radio hrnesses they have available for my car are kinda ugly, lol. Now if i do what your talking about, would i still have full control of my factory stereo, or would i have to control everything wit the 2nd headunit?

xx24xx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can always glass the aftermarket harness. A double din might look a little better.

fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

did you buy the LC6 yet? if not you may want to look into the Three.1 instead or a KQ9. xx24xx is right about the sound quality part but if you got one of the units that I recommend you'd only have to tap into either the fronts or rears and you'd have alot more control over your system with either. I've used and installed the Three.1 many times before and never was dissappointed. I have a KQ9 for my Rogue b/c it was cheaper than the Three.1 and has a bit more flexability.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fasfocus00 View Post
    did you buy the LC6 yet? if not you may want to look into the Three.1 instead or a KQ9. xx24xx is right about the sound quality part but if you got one of the units that I recommend you'd only have to tap into either the fronts or rears and you'd have alot more control over your system with either. I've used and installed the Three.1 many times before and never was dissappointed. I have a KQ9 for my Rogue b/c it was cheaper than the Three.1 and has a bit more flexability.
    No i havent bought it yet. i really wanted the three.1 but lc6 was cheaper. now im interested in that kicker. have you had any problems with the kq9 or anything that makes it different from the three.1?

Closed Thread