Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Double Din Navigation feedback please

adhumston is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unit with best navigation?

Ok, I've done the search, but want something a little more specific. I'm interested in the quality and detail of the navigation only of the following units...

Kenwood DNX8120 (should be same as 7120)
    Alpine IVA-W505 (same as any Alpine unit that uses P1 module)
    Pioneer AVIC-Z3
    Eclipse AVN6620

The unit will be installed in my Subaru Outback, which I use as my daily driver and trip vehicle. I take numerous backroads/unimproved roads on mt bike trips and such, hence the need for good nav. Unfortunately, I do not have many dealers near me, so I'm having a hard time demoing any of the units.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Kenwood, as I'm familiar with Garmin navigation, and has all of the features that I want. However, I have an Alpine d310 in my truck that I've been very happy with, so want as much info on the W505 as I can get. I've enjoyed a few Eclipse head units in the past, and have always been impressed with their SQ. I'm flying blind with the Pioneer, but the hard drive feature is very appealing.

And just in case anyone is interested, I'll be using either Arc Audio Minis or Alpine PDX amps to power an as of yet undetermined set of comps for the front stage (need something shallow... perhaps Focal or CDT slims), and a single 10" SQ sub in a custom fiberglass box in the rear (need all my storage space!). Other than the headunit, the whole install will be really low key.

Appreciate any and all feedback and info. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by adhumston; 03-05-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Double Din Navigation feedback please

Any feedback??

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone?

sdsurfer is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think they are all great navigation units ,but since you are going to have a decent sound system installed in the car ,might as well consider Eclipse 6620 for better sound quality .

Eclipse is also coming out a new version Navi with Hard Drive ,map on SD card ,should be really nice if you don't might waiting.

Closed Thread