Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can I Use My Stock CD Deck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 Can I Use My Stock CD Deck

i have a 2007 subaru impreza. i wanna install comps, a 12" sub, two amps and a preamp.. my question is can my stock cd deck work. i have not taken it out but do anyone know if it have preamp outputs? if it can work will running an external 3-way crossover help the sound?

tv559 is offline The Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Can I Use My Stock CD Deck

You will need converters

Refs. Sold to: Superduper,ncpalafox,lmsfootball35,Schicksal,Nuked sodapop,G0NGSHOW,TacoSauce,scooter924,eclipsepb25, RetroAudioinc,smd4life,Stateprop486,Got_Bass89, Anniku989,Ryan1126,altoncustomtech-- Traded with: SteveyHustle--Bought from: MOJOBASS, Xtremebass5,Path2spl,Violentaudio,5.3bowtie, mike75356,matrxx dude, Kovemaster559,acex3a,Sundownz,Grinder1989, revrider1,andrew2944r,hornedfrog1985,tez4life .

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    i got the large on front
    the small in rear

they work for me

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can buy a processor (IIRC, Pioneer makes one, and so does JL) that turns your speaker signals into RCA signals. They might have 3-way X-over on these processors, I'm not sure. IIRC, they're about $80 bucks.
    Or you can go to a local audio shop and get a 'Hi-Low converter' which is a smaller version for about $20 bucks.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

DonH is offline .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

i rocked a high low converter for sum time with my stock hu. if you have the money upgrade to a nice HU. trust! SQ is way better on a hU with a sub pre-out! but yeah u can hook up amps to a stock cd deck.

tv559 is offline The Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d_man1 View Post
    i rocked a high low converter for sum time with my stock hu. if you have the money upgrade to a nice HU. trust! SQ is way better on a hU with a sub pre-out! but yeah u can hook up amps to a stock cd deck.
    Does it really make a difference in SQ between a Aftermarket HU and a Stock HU cause I thought the Rca's were just for a signal.

Refs. Sold to: Superduper,ncpalafox,lmsfootball35,Schicksal,Nuked sodapop,G0NGSHOW,TacoSauce,scooter924,eclipsepb25, RetroAudioinc,smd4life,Stateprop486,Got_Bass89, Anniku989,Ryan1126,altoncustomtech-- Traded with: SteveyHustle--Bought from: MOJOBASS, Xtremebass5,Path2spl,Violentaudio,5.3bowtie, mike75356,matrxx dude, Kovemaster559,acex3a,Sundownz,Grinder1989, revrider1,andrew2944r,hornedfrog1985,tez4life .

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    i got the large on front
    the small in rear

they work for me

DonH is offline .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

it did for me. and its not because i thought the stock HU ****** its just that with the High low converter the subs didnt respond as fast/ didnt hit crisp or clean. sounded a little muddy. Its also pretty hard to fine tweak a stock HU like an aftermarket one.

bones justice is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 Re: Can I Use My Stock CD Deck

thanx for the help...also i wanna install my aftermarket deck i bought and my preamp, in a discrete manner coz im a lil paranoid bout theft. can i put my preamp inside the glove compartment by the passenger's side and install the cd deck inside the centre console compartment where the handbrake does be. can this be done and if so will u recommend this idea

Closed Thread