Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Newbie needs HU advice

dioprem is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Newbie needs HU advice

Hey guys I'm new to this forums. Also all this while, my car audio system has always been the one that came with the stock. However, my HU has passes away peacefully and now, I'll need to upgrade.

I'm very new at these things so I hope you guys will be patient.

The HU I'm looking for must be able to link up to my MP3 players. I have a MP3 player that can play lossless FLAC format sound so the source is still CD quality. What HU would you guys recommend?

Also would playing music in this manner somehow reduce the sound quality output as compared to playing music directly from the CD?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you.

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Newbie needs HU advice

Quote Originally Posted by dioprem View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to this forums. Also all this while, my car audio system has always been the one that came with the stock. However, my HU has passes away peacefully and now, I'll need to upgrade.

I'm very new at these things so I hope you guys will be patient.

The HU I'm looking for must be able to link up to my MP3 players. I have a MP3 player that can play lossless FLAC format sound so the source is still CD quality. What HU would you guys recommend?

Also would playing music in this manner somehow reduce the sound quality output as compared to playing music directly from the CD?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you.
    Any USB enabled Pioneer, and some Eclipse head units will work, as well as Alpine head units. (Not positive on Alpine, if they have USB or not) If you're using an iPod, there are several hundred head units out there that will work. Playing MP3 players vs. CD's will be based on the way of you hooking up your MP3 player, if it's through the headphone jack, CD's will probably be louder, do to the small amount of voltage supplied to the head phone jack on MP3 players. If you're using a direct connect style input, there shouldn't be any loss between the 2.

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 95BlackGA View Post
    Any USB enabled Pioneer, and some Eclipse head units will work, as well as Alpine head units. (Not positive on Alpine, if they have USB or not) If you're using an iPod, there are several hundred head units out there that will work. Playing MP3 players vs. CD's will be based on the way of you hooking up your MP3 player, if it's through the headphone jack, CD's will probably be louder, do to the small amount of voltage supplied to the head phone jack on MP3 players. If you're using a direct connect style input, there shouldn't be any loss between the 2.
    Thank you for the reply 95BlackGA. How does the "direct connect style input" work? Does it involve taking my MP3 player apart?

zack39648 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the reply 95BlackGA. How does the "direct connect style input" work? Does it involve taking my MP3 player apart?
    not in the least he is just refering to a ipod data cable over a headphone jack cable

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zack39648 View Post
    not in the least he is just refering to a ipod data cable over a headphone jack cable
    Ah thank you. Anyway, my MP3 player pnly has a earphone jack and a line-in jack. Not sure if that will affect the choice of HUs available to me.

zack39648 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah thank you. Anyway, my MP3 player pnly has a earphone jack and a line-in jack. Not sure if that will affect the choice of HUs available to me.
    nothing is wrong with using aux in HU's you should be fine .. just do some looking around and see what you like and has the features you need ..

Closed Thread