Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine Cda 9813

Jacerz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon10 Alpine Cda 9813

Ok i have this alpine cda 9813, works sometimes and sometimes i get this error message? and the only way it can go away is if i take key out of ignition an back in again, but that doesnt always work.. If anyone has answer or solution it would
    very helpful thanx...

fearturtle03 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine Cda 9813

I have the same thing that happens to my 9813. It is about 5 years old and has gotten heavy use.

The only thing that I have noticed is it will play music only after it has been sitting for a while (like 4-6 hours) without being on. On my way into work it plays, but then at lunch it will not, and normally will be fine on the drive home. Its annoying though, as whenever you turn off the car you will be without music for 6 hours.

I also notice that sometimes it will play and if i go to adjust the volume knob or change songs it will cut out and not come back on and get the "error" message. This just started with the onset of summer and the heat, maybe that has something to do with over-heating?

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take it out of the dash and hit it with some canned air to get the dust out of it? Might be getting hot. Mine ran really hot.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will give that a try and see what happens....

It also will not let me eject the CD when it goes into the mode of not playing music and displaying "error". My best guess is something is over-heating and causing that error.

If this is in fact the problem, would it be worth the 100 bucks Alpine charges to look at things, or just say thanks for 5 good years and grab a 9887?

trd_camry is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just go out and get a new hu...anything thats is 5yrs or older wont work as well as you wanted it to.. My pionner 780mp is 2yrs old and now it'll *** up once in a while...the volume wont work and sometime it wont eject my cd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As an update, I took out my 9813 and took the top off and hit the inside with some canned air to hopefully knock some dust out like suggested. I placed the 9813 back into the car after re-securing all the connections and have not had any problems with the unit not playing sound now. It has only been 3 days, but so far looks good. Thanks for the help!

Closed Thread