Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: so, usb is louder than aux??.......

adio is online now THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so, usb is louder than aux??.......

i read some posts on here and found this out. when i used to hook up my iaudio U3 to the aux in the rental car, i had to crank up the the HU annd then turn up the volume on the mp3 player. i guess i wouldn't have to do this with a usb and a flash drive to have the same volume as a CD, huh?

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

99StangGt is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: so, usb is louder than aux??.......

Never used aux in but my usb with a flash drive is the same loudness as the cd or real close.

chrisw91 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya it should be, and what better about usb, if you care, is that it is able to sent info to the HU like the band name and all that good stuff. and im not sure if all HU do, but im sure some will charge your mp3 while playing music through a usb

1991 dodge ram 2500 standard cab
    hu- kenwood kdc-mp438u
    front- polk momo's 6x9's
    back- diamond audio tweets
    sub- 4 RE8's in sealed enclosure wired to 2 ohms
    sub amp- memphis prd.1000
    6x9's amp- rf 250a2
    everything deadened w/raamat (besides floor and roof)

refs: civicman07(3), probmxstyle, Slammed, us3, teen,KevinWS6,1985-stang, fo0manchu
    traded: 4OZGLOVES

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmmmm...... ok

well what ****** HU would u and others recommend?? i guess something with 4 or 5v preouts would be nice, but not necessary. right now, i have pioneer DEH-6700

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

honestly im pretty new to car audio myself, so my first system im doin right now isnt ****** or anything, its just everything i need and my HU i choose cause it had like all the features. i got a kenwood kdc-mp438u and it has aux and usb in the front. sat. radio ready, sirus or xm, blue tooth ready. pretty much got it cause it had everything i might need in the future. i would suggest going on the internet to find one, cause i got ripped off at my local stereo shop, charged me $180 for the HU and went online after i bought it to find one for like $120. so i learned my lesson there. but overall i think it is a pretty good HU unless you are competition status or sumthin.

hu- kenwood kdc-mp438u
    front- polk momo's 6x9's
    6x9's amp- rf 250a2

refs: civicman07(3), probmxstyle, Slammed, us3, teen,KevinWS6,1985-stang, fo0manchu

jellyfish420 is offline i design boxes .......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your serious about it...find something with a usb in the back that way you can run the cord to the glove box and use a removeable hard drive.

NEED A BOX DESIGN? PM ME

HEAD UNIT
    860mp
    ACTIVE FRONT STAGE
    JBL GTO75.4 II
    RE 6.5
    VIFA XT25 ring radiator 1"
    SUB STAGE
    ega 1400d
    3HP FI
    STOLEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what are you wanting out of the deck? sub, ipod, active crossovers, how much eq do you need? will you be using a flash drive or some other mp3 player?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99StangGt View Post
    what are you wanting out of the deck? sub, ipod, active crossovers, how much eq do you need? will you be using a flash drive or some other mp3 player?
    i just want functionality. i'llhave a sub hooked up and an amp for the front speakers. not going active. i need EQ, cause idk what i'm doing, but if i play with the eq enough, i'll get a sound that i like. more than likely, i'll be using a flash drive........ don't have enough music for a HD. asked for HI volt preouts, so i can get louder without touching the gains on the amps.

delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the 5900ub.... works perfectly. HDD, flash, ipod... decent eq and 4v outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5

Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pioneer DEH-P600UB sounds like what you would like. I have a pioneer dvd and I have had a kenwood and Jvc and the pioneer kills them in starting up. With the pioneer I start the car and before I move the car music is playing with the other ones I would be half way around the block before music would start.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy View Post
    I have the 5900ub.... works perfectly. HDD, flash, ipod... decent eq and 4v outs.
    pioneer?

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Pioneer 4000ub, 5000ub, 6000ub and the respective Premier versions can all do that. You would just need a USB extension cord because the input is on the back of the unit IIRC

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99StangGt View Post
    pioneer DEH-P600UB sounds like what you would like. I have a pioneer dvd and I have had a kenwood and Jvc and the pioneer kills them in starting up. With the pioneer I start the car and before I move the car music is playing with the other ones I would be half way around the block before music would start.
    so what makes them read faster or what ever?

hu- kenwood kdc-mp438u
    front- polk momo's 6x9's
    6x9's amp- rf 250a2

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw91 View Post
    What do you mean?

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw91 View Post
    I dont know must be faster processing in the deck. I had a Jvc that everytime you start your car it would go back to the first song.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast