Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help picking a decent Head Unit.

Moparman1539 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help picking a decent Head Unit.

Hello,

I need some help picking a good head. I would REALLY like to get one with a 7" flip out screen. (i like cool things like that) But i can only spend about $350. Every single one i found within that price range i herd mixed reviews about.

I want one that has a nice user interface (appealing to look at, and works smoothly). I could care less about iPod support. I would like one with an AUX input (anything with a 3.5mm jack can be connected to.) And also Video input. And blue tooth would be nice, but i don't NEED it. And something with good sound quality.

I liked that features that the Dual XDVD8183. But herd a lot of negative things about Dual. http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8183.html

So if anybody has any experience. I would like to hear it. And if you could suggest anything. Please do so. I would really appreciate it.

Remember $350, and a single DIN slot with flip out screen.

Thanks!!

Super Pickle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help picking a decent Head Unit.

welcome to forums.

I'll say it first, and im sure many many many will agree, but you are basically just throwing away your money if you want a decent head unit and are looking for a $350 flip out haha (especially dual, jensen, phase linear, etc). If you really want a flip out i would save some more money and get something worthwhile, if not $350 will get you a pretty sick regular head unit.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks

Yeah thats what i thought you guys would say. But i really don't want to spend more than that. Might be willing to go to $500 but not anything more. Is there anything good around $500? I have a part time minimum wage job... I'm not rich lol.

Thanks!

I found a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD for $450. Is that a lot better? It is brand name.

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

there's someone selling a 5700dvd from pioneer for 400+shipping. Screen is 6.5" but that's a good price for that unit. I should know, i had it

pilyin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1539 View Post
    Hello,

I need some help picking a good head. I would REALLY like to get one with a 7" flip out screen. (i like cool things like that) But i can only spend about $350. Every single one i found within that price range i herd mixed reviews about.

I want one that has a nice user interface (appealing to look at, and works smoothly). I could care less about iPod support. I would like one with an AUX input (anything with a 3.5mm jack can be connected to.) And also Video input. And blue tooth would be nice, but i don't NEED it. And something with good sound quality.

I liked that features that the Dual XDVD8183. But herd a lot of negative things about Dual. http://www.dualav.com/indashvideo/xdvd8183.html

So if anybody has any experience. I would like to hear it. And if you could suggest anything. Please do so. I would really appreciate it.

Remember $350, and a single DIN slot with flip out screen.

Thanks!!
    I just pulled one of those out of a friends car. It quite working after about a year.

Alpine 9886
    Diamond Audio H600S 6.5 comp
    Infinity Kappa 62.9i
    Diamond Audio D3 10"
    Alpine PDX 1.150
    Alpine PDX 1.1000
    Big three done.
    Yellow top.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, Dual = Bad - Check

Ok ill start saving up for somethign a little nicer. Like the pioneer. Or something. ill keep shopping.

Thanks tough. Glad i didn't get it. For $100 more i can get brand name.

redcalimp5 is offline Loud 'N Clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use this HU currently, and I really like it......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-cda-7998-...=1218576537459

Alpine~Rainbow

Refs~
    6spdcoupe, mlstrass, kmanian, F150Truck'in, PremierAudio, jblayz1, dbrown, BoondockSaints, jacka, flava30, hessdawg, ebrunn, JayRich, Blinkdogo2

Closed Thread