Closed Thread

Reload Thread: headunit remote wire question/help?

yne721 is offline SWINE FLU!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

headunit remote wire question/help?

alright, so i've been having a problem with my system over the last month, there's a popping sound coming from my front stage. at first i thought maybe the amp or speaker wire was grounded out somewhere, but i checked everywhere and couldn't find anywhere. rerouted the wires just to make sure, and the noise continues. The noise is completely irregular. Sometimes it will be going at like 180 bpm, sometimes it will only go at like 15 bpm.

so my first question is, the noise only happens when my car is running. it does not make the noise when i just have my key in ACC. So could my remote wire be the culprit? since i couldn't find any grounding out, and i sanded all my amp grounds to make sure they were clean, could the wire i'm tapped into for my remote power be the problem?

and if so, could i just run the remote power wire straight to the battery with a toggle switch on the dash? Once i put a whole new electrical system(wiring and all) in my car, i'll hook it back up the way it's supposed to be, but i have so much old wire floating around behind my dash and near my fuse box, i don't really feel like fucking with any of the wires because i don't want to fuck something up...

Давайте познакомимся

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: headunit remote wire question/help?

Quote Originally Posted by yne721 View Post
    alright, so i've been having a problem with my system over the last month, there's a popping sound coming from my front stage. at first i thought maybe the amp or speaker wire was grounded out somewhere, but i checked everywhere and couldn't find anywhere. rerouted the wires just to make sure, and the noise continues. The noise is completely irregular. Sometimes it will be going at like 180 bpm, sometimes it will only go at like 15 bpm.

so my first question is, the noise only happens when my car is running. it does not make the noise when i just have my key in ACC. So could my remote wire be the culprit? since i couldn't find any grounding out, and i sanded all my amp grounds to make sure they were clean, could the wire i'm tapped into for my remote power be the problem?

and if so, could i just run the remote power wire straight to the battery with a toggle switch on the dash? Once i put a whole new electrical system(wiring and all) in my car, i'll hook it back up the way it's supposed to be, but i have so much old wire floating around behind my dash and near my fuse box, i don't really feel like fucking with any of the wires because i don't want to fuck something up...
    Yep.
    If you decide to go this route might I suggest a lit toggle rather than an unlit one as to hopefully prevent forgetting to disarm the amp when the car is off resulting in a dead battery overnight?

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post
    Yep.
    If you decide to go this route might I suggest a lit toggle rather than an unlit one as to hopefully prevent forgetting to disarm the amp when the car is off resulting in a dead battery overnight?
    i was thinking about that, but since my car doesn't have any interior lights it'd be pretty easy to see if i left my headunit on.

on a side note, where have you been guy how are you?

Давайте познакомимся

Fiercetimbo17 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what kind of car do you have?

Pioneer Avic-z3
    4-way Active
    CDT ES-01
    CDT ES-04
    Dls IR8
    Zapco dc650.6
    12" idmax IB
    zapco dc 1100.1
    tsunami wiring
    200 sq ft edead/damp
    4 gallons spectrum/sludge 160 ft overkill
    132.6 db at 22 hz...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercetimbo17 View Post
    what kind of car do you have?
    79 super beetle

the wiring is a mess because the first owner put a whole bunch of power accesories on it and did it himself so it's a rats nest.

Давайте познакомимся

Closed Thread