Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Looking for a fathers day gift.

nope327 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking for a fathers day gift.

hey guys. so i am looking to get my dad a new head unit for fathers day. right now he has some old, broken head unit that cant play CD's anymore.

so i was thinking of getting him one with ipod compatibility but i dont want to spend much more than 150. i have no problem ordering from ebay or even if you guys are getting rid of one. I would like it to be atleast 22rms if possible.

thanks for the help guys!
    -Kyle

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Looking for a fathers day gift.

You can snag a new pioneer or alpine unit for less than that. I put a pioneer w/ ipod compatability (just like a headphone type jack thing) for $120 from best buy. Im sure it could be had cheaper online, but i wanted a warranty for her dumb@ss, and i only had like 2 days to do a full install before leaving.

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

get a used JVC HU and an ipod adapter (like $30). Shouldnt be more than 120 and you might even find an HU with USB input. I've had JVC hu's for the last 3 years and none have let me down and sell cheap because people are still stuck on pioneer/alpine

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i know that my brother drives the car too, and he has an old cowon iaudio mp3 player with a battery life of 13seconds. so i was thinking that a USB port would be great for both the ipod control and the iaudio (to keep it charged)

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why does it need to be 22 watt rms? You might find a Clarion that would be decent. Frys in Downer's Grove should have something there

You could go to the flea Market on Division and Kostner. THey are open Saturday and Sunday. You should really find a decent HU there.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i guess it doesnt have to be 22rms... i just figured that much lower and i would blow something... i will have to check out frys.

Closed Thread