Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Pioneer deh-8600, is there an ipod adapter?

Clockw0rk is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer deh-8600, is there an ipod adapter?

Is it possible to hookup my Iphone or Ipod onto this unit? If so what type of adapter do I need?

90accordman is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer deh-8600, is there an ipod adapter?

you might be able to through the ipbus connector on the back but theres no ipod adapter for that unit since its an 05 model

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

donpisto is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was actually about to post something about the iPhone and car audio. I'm not sure if it will work for that unit, but with the Alpine head units that use the iPod cable, my friend plugged in his iPhone and it worked just fine. I'm sure it will with the iTouch as well.

Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

Clockw0rk is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah figured it would work the same in that sense, I'm just not sure in the 8600 has an input for it

tiny tim is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I used to have the 8600mp and you have basically two options to hook it up with iPod,

1. FM transmitter and use it through the radio, but the sound quality will probably ****.

2. (What I did) Go buy the Pioneer iPod Interface adapter (model: CDIB100II) for about $50, you can buy them at Best Buy or whereever, and its relatively easy to hook up your self. You connect the adapter to the back of the HU, put the adapter in your glove box or somewhere else discreet, and the adapter hooks to the iPod.

Note that you shouldnt be able to control the music from the actually iPod, only from the head unit. This kind of ***** because the way it is set up on the HU takes forever to find a specific song. I'm actually looking for a new head unit right now with iPod capability and the ability to control the iPod from the actual iPod. If anyone is familiar with any head unit that allows this, please let me know.

tiny tim is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 90accordman View Post
    you might be able to through the ipbus connector on the back but theres no ipod adapter for that unit since its an 05 model
    This is wrong btw, the CDIB100II adapter does work with the DEH-P8600MP. It's worked in my car for a year now.

liftedcj7on44s is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a cheaper and better alternative is to get a pioneer CD-RB10 adaptor. this will let you control the music with the ipod or iphone. i just ordered one through my supplier for 23 buks for an actual pioneer adaptor.

Refs: Stratusrt01;Mojo626;terra;DB_DRAG_SPL;Kmanian:boal ova13
    GabeC

01sugar2 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was in the same boat your in at one time, and I have the 860MP. The CDIB100II works really well with our head units actually, and even better with the iTouch and iPhone than with a regular iPod. I have an iTouch 16 gig model, and even while I'm playing music through the CDIB100II connection to my stereo, I still have full capabilities to do anything else on my iTouch. For instance, I needed to call a friend the other day, but his info was on my iTouch and not my phone. While driving I switched to the contacts and pulled up his number all while the music was playing. If I find a Wifi spot, the iTouch will still allow me to access the 'net, check email, weather, etc. All in all, the CDIB100II is pretty dang slick. If I can do all of this, I can only imagine that the iPhone would allow for calling people and probably even taking photos at the same time it is playing music. Thanks Pioneer for the CDIB100II, and thank you Apple for the wonderful iPods!

Dustin

Closed Thread

User Tag List