Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 880 PRS inaccurate when active?

danz24 is offline Why so serious?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

880 PRS inaccurate when active?

Had a talk with a shop about audio and my system and the subject came up that I had no passive crossover saying it was run from my deck. The guy at the shop said that those were "horribly inaccurate" in a sense that the slopes are off and the crossover point was off as well.

Is he for real? Are passive crossovers more true to their stated slope/x-over point than im my HU?

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 880 PRS inaccurate when active?

this is the best i can find on how accurate it is.... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...54&postcount=6

i have a good sized underlap between mids and tweets and a small underlap between my sub and mids. it could be my car causing a peak or it could be the unit itself but having the underlaps works best. it could be because the points and slopes aren't perfectly accurate. but, the number are just numbers. play with things till it sounds best to you. thats all that matters in the end anyway right?

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

danz24 is offline Why so serious?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: 880 PRS inaccurate when active?

Quote Originally Posted by tcguy85 View Post
    this is the best i can find on how accurate it is.... http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...54&postcount=6

i have a good sized underlap between mids and tweets and a small underlap between my sub and mids. it could be my car causing a peak or it could be the unit itself but having the underlaps works best. it could be because the points and slopes aren't perfectly accurate. but, the number are just numbers. play with things till it sounds best to you. thats all that matters in the end anyway right?
    thanks for that. Its not too bad actually. I was most worried about the the HP for my tweeter, dont want it lower than what I actually put it.

Closed Thread

User Tag List