Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

clarion esq746/esq744

the sub control on this EQ...i dont see a remote sub plug..does it just control the sub amp via the rca sub outs? so it can be used with ANY amp? i have a kicker KQ5 now, and i cant use the sub control becuase you have to hook the standard phone cord from the eq to the remote knob on a kicker amp, and my mtx amp doesnt have that type of plug for the remote knob.

basically, this clarion sub control will work with my mtx TA amp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Re: clarion esq746/esq744

i have the 746..

it takes the input, paralell's it to the fullrange output and crosses it at 90hz at 12 db/octave ot 60 hz 12db/octave, so it is not a full range output..

it can hook to any amp since it is simply just RCA's from the sub volume control knob.. yes sub control will work with your mtx amp

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by its_bacon12 View Post
    i have the 746..

it takes the input, paralell's it to the fullrange output and crosses it at 90hz at 12 db/octave ot 60 hz 12db/octave, so it is not a full range output..
    i dont understand what you mean about the crossover thing.

i know it has one "main" input. so from my HU , which has sub, front, and rear outputs, i would just take for instance, the front outputs, run it to the "main" inputs on the EQ, then from the front out/rear out/sub out on the EQ to my front, rear, and sub amp?

the crossover on the EQ is for what, just the sub outs right?

if so, basically what you said is the sub amp will only see up until either 60hz, or 90hz @ 12dB/octave, rather than running full range subouts from HU to the amp (bypassing the EQ)?

what do you normally cross a sub at (18" mt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

um.. i wouldnt suggest an 18" MT for daily, but i wouldnt run it above 60-70 hz if it was me.. id cross it at about 12 db at like 40 hz so it blends nice around the midbass area.

thats me though.

and yes it actively crosses over the sub outputs to either 60 or 90 hz at a 12 db/octave slope

and yes you have it right. you only need 1 pair of rca's input, and you can control fading and subwoofer outputs on the EQ itself.

the xover is only for the sub out. the other 2 sets are full range

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

orangecounty1 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i have a coustic xm6 3-way crossover too, so should i just run subouts from the HU directly to the crossover, and cross my MT with that, since the EQ will only cross it at 60 or 90?

or go out from HU --> main in on EQ --> subout from EQ --> sub in on Coustic xover --> input on sub amp?

Closed Thread

User Tag List