Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Pioneer seek tuning

danp129 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer seek tuning

My system got stolen and I'm looking for something similar to my old DEH-P3800MP but has a better seek feature.

Are there any Pioneer HU's that will seek to an actual station instead of changing the frequency by 2 mhz each press. I know you can hold the seek button in for a full second to make it search for the next strong signal but it takes forever going through all the stations in my area. I could press the up/down to cycle through presets but there's more than 6 stations I listen to. If any of the HU's can cycle through all 18 presets w/o manually changing FM I/II/III that would work I guess.

I think Pioneer purposly made this seek a pain on purpose to mask their sub-par seek speed to other HU's by making it harder to compare in a side by side comparison.

Any recommendations on other HU's that have parametric EQ's, high-pass filter, and subwoofer turn off/mute (I have a 3yr old and baby) in the $175 ish range?

nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer seek tuning

You can't be serious...

Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html

danp129 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer seek tuning

Are you saying you feel Pioneer has one of the better tuning interfaces out on the market or are you saying that you can't believe people still listen to FM?

Closed Thread