Closed Thread

Reload Thread: excellon 591 install question

Phreakshow is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

excellon 591 install question

I have all my wires soldered,shrink wrapped to my harness's and ready to go. After work tommorow I will install it in my dash. In the box they gave me some odd little pieces. The manual says they are for screwing the face plate on the unit so it doesnt fall off. Are you supposed to use these? Also in my 02 Jeep Wrangler I dont have anywhere to run a strap. Even if I did how do you connect it to the car and then to the deck? I have no way of gettiong behind the dash. I know Circuit city didn't use one when they installed my old pioneer HU. I had HUGE problems with CD's skipping so I stuffed some foam padding under the metal cage the HU slides into to help support it. A more solid material would be better but I dont know what I would use. Is this a reasonable fix or would you think that is bad to do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

konechiwa is offline Jeepers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: excellon 591 install question

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakshow View Post
    I have all my wires soldered,shrink wrapped to my harness's and ready to go. After work tommorow I will install it in my dash. In the box they gave me some odd little pieces. The manual says they are for screwing the face plate on the unit so it doesnt fall off. Are you supposed to use these? Also in my 02 Jeep Wrangler I dont have anywhere to run a strap. Even if I did how do you connect it to the car and then to the deck? I have no way of gettiong behind the dash. I know Circuit city didn't use one when they installed my old pioneer HU. I had HUGE problems with CD's skipping so I stuffed some foam padding under the metal cage the HU slides into to help support it. A more solid material would be better but I dont know what I would use. Is this a reasonable fix or would you think that is bad to do? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    my dads 491 is just hooked up to the faceplate/fascia the cab has, and it wiggles around because it has no support, but for 4 months or so it's been fine.

Maybe you could rig something up with wood or something. I don't think it would be bad for it as long as it doesn't have huge shocks or slams against things constantly.

lillitnn92 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as for the screws, if you don't plan on taking the faceplate out everytime you leave the vehicle, then use them. if you do take it with you, don't use them. i just leave mine in, so i used them.

Phreakshow is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THX for the answers =)

Closed Thread