Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DEH-P960MP Vs 2007

hey I noticed the 2006 DEH-P960MP has "BMX (Bit Media eXpander) Digital Enhancement" and the 2007 model does not mention it at all, is there a reason for this? does this make the 2006 model better?
    thanks

blazeplacid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Re: DEH-P960MP Vs 2007

i dont think "better" is the word just differant

I had the same unit and it is a great unit.
    Just a bit outdated on the Display sides from that its on of my favorites

Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

bmx = not worth using anyways imo.......
    why get a high end deck to use it to play mp3's?

grassroots is offline needs car audio rehab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

i have the p960 and i must say, my favorite head unit i've owned.... when it's not broken... seriously, the ribbon that connects the two moving face plates has broken twice on mine (and is currently getting fixed right now)... it's a known problem, usually starts a year or two after you get it... just a bad design since the ribbon gets bent in the same spots each time it opens and eventually ****s up...

just a heads up... if you buy it make sure it's warrantied. the only other thing i don't like about it is that when you're searching through mp3 directories it doesn't scroll the names so a lot of times i can't read what song it is since the band name takes up the whole screen.... that's pretty minor though. great head unit in every other aspect...

refs: got em

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I have had both. I had the 960 in my Titan when I totalled it and would have kept it if it didnt end up being a projectial.

I liked the 960, just like grassroots said, when it wasnt broken. The ribbon had to be replaced, the cd's wouldnt eject, and the almighty whine from the RCA's, which had to be fixed twice. I liked the abundant EQ's it had aswell with the Time alignment.

Now for the 980.. I like it more. 16 band eq now which is great. It dives down deeper into the lower frequency settings. I believe I can adjust 20 hertz, 31.5 hertz, 50 ect.. Bluetooth phone feature is great, but if you are driving down the highway with alot of wind, you have to turn the speakers up to the point to where the person on the other phone hears an echo and it confuses them, especialy my mother who just starts laughing at hearing her own self..
    Anywho, one thing I absolutly am ticked off about, and maybe I just got a bad one, is that I cant turn it up that loud with a cd in it or it starts skipping. I dont have an insane loud system or anything like I use to have in my car, but I can barely turn it up before it starts skipping. Threw a cleaning cd in there. Nothing. Took it to a repair shop who tried to recreate the skipping, said nothing was wrong with it.

But like I said, maybe I got a bad one and its just off track and the little hole in the wall place doesnt have the technology or brains to fix it.

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

grassroots is offline needs car audio rehab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

just got my 960 back from the repair shop. they fixed everything under warranty since i already had it repaired there once. new ribbon and they replaced the sliding rails for the faceplate... works like new, i love it again haha...

and trancer, i had some skipping problems with my 960 as well. but i also hit 156'ish on the a/c... i just mounted the head unit better and used some foam to cushion it inside the dash and it fixed it... try taking the head unit out and hold it while you try and get it to skip so you know if it is a vibration problem or something else...

refs: got em

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Well I didnt have any skipping issues with my 960. I had a hell of a system in my grand am gt. Now that I got my Silverado, I have the 980BT and that thing skips all day long. Can barely play a note and I dont even have anywhere near the stereo that I had in my Grand Am.

A friend of mine got a 960 after I did. Oh did he have issues with that. All of the same issues I had, plus his screws came out so when the face plate moved, it didnt go back into place.

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Closed Thread

User Tag List