Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine IVA-D105 Wallpaper Change?

viper71 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Alpine IVA-D105 Wallpaper Change?

Hi everybody I'm new here. I got a question regarding this head units background. So apparently its possible to put different wallpapers downloaded from Alpines website in a apn. format. Well I do exactly what the owners manual says and the website as far as trying to download the new background into "Data Download" in my unit and all I get is a broken up picture with no option to store the new wallpaper into the IVA-D105 unit. Anyone no how to do this correctly? Thanks in advance!

donpisto is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine IVA-D105 Wallpaper Change?

I have the w200 and process is the same. What you want to do is download the file. It may be in zip format. Make sure your file an apn file (for example: file.apn). After you have downloaded it and have the file, burn it onto a CD as a Data Disc. Once burned, put the cd into your head unit and it should automatical recognize the type of disc it is. It should have option of 1 or 2 (whichever you want to replace), after you do that there should be an accept, change background, or some other option to confirm the change. Make sure that in your display settings you have the selected background selected.

You can go to google and type pride rock labs and it will get you to a website that has a bunch of pre made wallpapers or you can create your own per the tutorial/directions.

If you are still having trouble and haven't gotten any more assistance, PM me and when I get my vehicle out the shop I can take pictures and to a mini tutorial for ya.

Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok I will give what you said a try. Sometimes the owners manuals are a bit veg for me. I appreciate your reply. I will post back my results just incase anyone else has this problem. Thanks again!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks donpisto your directions worked!!!

Closed Thread