Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Transparent Telephone Icons (9800BT)

DavidWoodward is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Transparent Telephone Icons (9800BT)

For those of you that don't want to read into the story, my basic questions are, "How do you create a custom telephone icon with a transparent background using the Pioneer OEL Screensaver Studio software?" - and - "How do you restore the original phone icons back to the unit with transparent backgrounds (not hot pink backgrounds)"

I know the system supports transparent backgrounds because the original icons on the unit had a transparent background. Unfortunately they've been erased now and I can't seem to get them loaded back WITH the transparent background in tact.

I've already tried the following solutions:
    Creating a gif/png file wth a transparent background and importing it using OEL Screensaver Studio
    Using the reset button on the lower right face plate.
    Unplugging te power from the radion and leaving it unplugged for 2+ hours.
    Downloading the original images (LKD & LKA) from the Pioneer web site and copying them back to the unit.

Here's the story that led me here:

I recently received a Pioneer DEH-P9800BT as a present from my lovely wife and I have been throroughly impressed with its feature set and functionality.

However there is a snag. I wanted to use the OEL Screensaver Studio software to create a custom telephone icon with a transparent background. It's easy enough to create a custom image that takes up all 2304 pixels (48x48) that an icon has available to it. But if you want to make the icon use only part of the area you seem to be SOL.

Using a gif image (indexed or RGB) with a transparent background as your source the OEL Screensaver Studio simply displays the color you set to alpha/transparent in the resulting LKD file.

I even tried using a hex editor to see exactly what the difference was between the original telephone icon (which have a transparent background) and my new icon was. But the icon still shows up with a solid background set to whatever color I set to be transparent in the gif image.

So, I gave up and decided to reset the telephone icons to their original images. I downloaded the LKD (also tried the complete LKA file) from the Pioneer web site and copied it to the stereo. But now all the telephone icons (original) have a solid pink background. (hex code ff00ff). This is also how they show up in OEL Screensaver Studio.

I called Pioneer customer support and they told me to use the reset button on the front of the stereo. Of course I've already tried that and it didn't work. I also tried clearing the phone memory from the stereo and that didn't work either. So, then they asked me to unplug the stereo from the power and wait 45 minutes. I didn't think it would work. But I did it anyway and of course it didn't. (I actually left it unplugged for 2 hours) I haven't called them back, but I'm not hopeful that they'll be able to help - so I came here.

So, does anyone know how to get the default telephone icons back on the unit WITH the transparent background? Or better yet, does anyone know how to make a custom telephone icon (LKD file) with a transparent background?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    David Woodward
    Last edited by DavidWoodward; 09-08-2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: People keep suggesting things I've already tried

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Transparent Telephone Icons (9800BT)

Id say to unplug the fuse. Cuts all power off instantly. Let it sit for an hour and give that a shot

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply, but as I said in my original post, I've already unplugged the stereo from the car and left it unplugged for two hours.

Removing the power source only resets the date, time, radio presets etc. It has no effect on the images and videos that are stored on the unit.

As a matter of fact, when you consider that the images from the factory remained on the unit from the moment it was manufactured until it was powered up in my car, I think it's safe to say that the images and videos that you copy to the unit (which simply replace the factory images) are stored in a more permanent location of memory that will survive any power outage.

The only reason I even tried it was to pacify the Pioneer customer support. I'm going to call them back this weekend and see if they have any other suggestions.

Thanks,
    David Woodward

hemi=22s is offline I Pop Bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

might not work but try the reset button on faceplate ( i think bottom right corner) this may work

FEEDBACK IN LINKS BELOW TOO BIG FOR SIG

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323932

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post4856428
    sold: goose, krisfnbz, dubb designs, 2000gator(x2), oxsign, aesoj, viveet(X2),
    mike437,flossinon24s,mxracer591,riffyb, bsean63(x2),nycking23,bryce-man,fastimes(x2),
    boltpride, r-sosa,fusion_freak,siacarman,kcdc30
    prodgod, toasted1,newageking,nmbr1spt,projectnutz(P),DeViOu SoNe,
    traded with: davet, teddyunited, rockmo, spikee, rdaudioman1256, SPY

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried that. (refer to the original post)
    Last edited by DavidWoodward; 09-08-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: typo correction

mavster is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

idk, try asking pioneer for a restore CD or something...so you can restore it to the factory delivered setup...

Ride: 2001 Nissan Altima GXE
    HeadUnit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Components: Blaupunkt VC660s
    Front Components Amplifier: Blaupunkt THA2125
    Subwoofer: JBL GTO1204BP-D
    Subwoofer Amplifier: Blaupunkt THA475

refs: Nismos14, Zeuslicious, perfecxionX, almond, brchd, RoLLaxPhile, Ultimate157, kmanian, slammed, 528hz, abdulwq, LopezEL, brazilianguy, kovemaster559, Earthman, jrgreene1968, ampjunkielikeme.

Closed Thread