Closed Thread

Reload Thread: H/U turning off, then on, then off, then on again

CrazedCat is offline Right boot. Got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

H/U turning off, then on, then off, then on again

Installed an Alpine iDA-X001 two weekends ago (not a real fan of this h/u but for the time being I'm using it). I'm 99.999% I wired this thing up right. Grounded it using the ground in the factory harness and also grounded it to the chassis behind the dash (the ground screw is tight as hell with direct chassis contact so it can't be that). I triple checked all other wiring: remote, 12+, etc. Everything checks out.

Now this **** thing keeps turning off for 5 seconds and then turns back on again. Stays on for a random amount of time (it varies) and then will shut down again for 5 seconds and turn back on. This happens A LOT. Seems to happen especially when I accelerate quickly or make sharp turns.

Anyone else ever experience this *****? I've NEVER had this happen before in 15+ years and it's driving me crazy. Been dwelling on this for too long, I have to be overlooking something...

330i
    Eclipse | Dynaudio | Zapco | RE

refs
    3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, nismos14, Drunkship, lost1700, spike_e, rcnshoe, djdilliodon, Flossinon24S, lslugz, kinglowlife, blazeplacid

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: H/U turning off, then on, then off, then on again

Try running your own 12v line to it, from the battery. I had this happen to me, with my old Pioneer DEH-P20, and it was a pain in the *** to figure it out. I finally took it out and hooked it up to my bench, and it played fine. Stupid question, but have you checked the fuses? I know that if it was a blown fuse it wouldn't turn on, but a loose connection on the fuses will do this too.

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

Closed Thread

User Tag List