Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Reload Thread: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

  1. #1
    ffxdrummer's Avatar
    ffxdrummer is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Recently installed DEH-p4900ib.

    1st problem: Start car in morning after a cool night (~70ish) and the volume keeps turning itself down to like 8. It's not set to a volume limiter or anything, it's just turning itself down. Everytime I turn it up, it turns itself back down, the numbers count down and it beeps to indicate a change and everything.

    2nd problem: This time, instead of just turning down, it turns on the ATT function, which I think is a volume limiter. Instead of counting down the volume it just turns on ATT. The best part is I discovered I have some degree of control by waving my hand in front of the deck. Wave it once to turn ATT on, wave it again to turn it off. My car is a manual so you can imagine how much that gets irritating, everytime i shift I lose volume! It only seems to do this for like 20 minutes then maybe as the car heats up it fixes itself, ideas?

    HELP!







  2. #2
    adam71's Avatar
    adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ



    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ffxdrummer View Post
    Recently installed DEH-p4900ib.

    1st problem: Start car in morning after a cool night (~70ish) and the volume keeps turning itself down to like 8. It's not set to a volume limiter or anything, it's just turning itself down. Everytime I turn it up, it turns itself back down, the numbers count down and it beeps to indicate a change and everything.

    2nd problem: This time, instead of just turning down, it turns on the ATT function, which I think is a volume limiter. Instead of counting down the volume it just turns on ATT. The best part is I discovered I have some degree of control by waving my hand in front of the deck. Wave it once to turn ATT on, wave it again to turn it off. My car is a manual so you can imagine how much that gets irritating, everytime i shift I lose volume! It only seems to do this for like 20 minutes then maybe as the car heats up it fixes itself, ideas?

    HELP!
    Return it. It's clearly defective.



    Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

  3. #3
    djeazie's Avatar
    djeazie is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    n.w. ohio
    Age
    35
    Posts
    975
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Your not sitting on the remote are you? LOL




  4. #4
    ffxdrummer's Avatar
    ffxdrummer is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by djeazie View Post
    Your not sitting on the remote are you? LOL
    I wish it was that easy!




  5. #5
    toyrunner's Avatar
    toyrunner is offline OH, What A Feeling !



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pace Fl
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    I would go back to where I bought it or a Dealer & see if they can put some light one the problem. If its defective take it out & back to where you got it.



    REFS :
    TRADED : mrwigglezdj-ROE
    BOUGHT : hemiscott-CA, BJFISH11-CA, Mr. Dave-CA, MECHMAN-SMD, freakish07-CA, Minimum40 - CA, latinplaya22 - CA, richson13-CA, jbl_marshell21 -CA, wmflyfisher-Diy, tr10av - CA, dconder - Diy, RL1924- s2ki, hondance7 - s2ki .
    SOLD : BLD25-CA, pik-CA, FLOSSINON24S-CA, Priest-CA, SlainHothing-CA, jk32sho-CA, SpinOne05-CA, iceteebone-CA, StoneColdJesus-ROE, guns4me-CA, simpsombuck-CA, nepl29-Diy, BowHunter-Diy, possom -ROE, BigV1982-CA, dacheatham-CA, RBeachTL-Diy, AV8ter-Diy, THE DRAKE-Diy, no control-s2000, Blaze-Diy, bam-bam - Diy, s2k aok- S2KI, dgoldenz- Diy, SPC stig- S2KI,

  6. #6
    ffxdrummer's Avatar
    ffxdrummer is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by toyrunner View Post
    I would go back to where I bought it or a Dealer & see if they can put some light one the problem. If its defective take it out & back to where you got it.
    Yeah I was hoping to avoid returning it, I hate dealing with uninstall/reinstall blah blah blah. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem though, I've never had malfunction that someone else didn't recognize.




  7. #7
    CRXBMPN's Avatar
    CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    i've had Pioneer's all my life and never had that problem.
    seems defective.



    Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd/CentralMaineBassHeads
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    1991 CRX, 2 x SAZ3000d's, Batcap 4000, couple other batts, 2 x FI BL 10's - 152.7 dash/155.1 outlaw


  8. #8
    adam71's Avatar
    adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ



    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,795
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ffxdrummer View Post
    Yeah I was hoping to avoid returning it, I hate dealing with uninstall/reinstall blah blah blah. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem though, I've never had malfunction that someone else didn't recognize.
    Unfortunately that is what you're facing at this point. ALL mfgs have defective units. I just didn't expect to see one that new be defective.



    Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

  9. #9
    benjames's Avatar
    benjames is offline SQ amateur Class



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Turn "ASL" off and see if it still does it... You may have a defective internal mic on the H.U.

    Also, do you place your cell phone near it? Some of the Pioneer's internal circuits have inbuilt electromagnetic ineterference rejection, which wll limit the amount of noise (and sometimes volume) that can be played back. If a cell phone is placed near it, you'll either get a pulsing buzz every now and then, or the volume will suffer every now and then (as it is trying to cope with the intense radio waves from the cell phone)



    Source: OEM Sony in dash 6 CD MP3 / Rockford Fosgate 360.2
    Front Stage: Boston Z6
    Rear Fill: OEM 6" splits
    Subs: JL Labs 13TW5 (x2)
    Amplification: Precision Power A1000-2 / JL G-Max
    Accessories: Stinger / Dynamat / Optima
    System Power: 2050 WRMS @ 12.5VDC / Termlab measured 140.1dB @ 45 Hz

  10. #10
    ffxdrummer's Avatar
    ffxdrummer is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer HU Volume Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by benjames View Post
    Turn "ASL" off and see if it still does it... You may have a defective internal mic on the H.U.

    Also, do you place your cell phone near it? Some of the Pioneer's internal circuits have inbuilt electromagnetic ineterference rejection, which wll limit the amount of noise (and sometimes volume) that can be played back. If a cell phone is placed near it, you'll either get a pulsing buzz every now and then, or the volume will suffer every now and then (as it is trying to cope with the intense radio waves from the cell phone)
    I'll give all of that a shot, thanks for your help! The weather looks to hit ~60 or so this weekend so that should be a decent test of my "cool weather" theory.




Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum