Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Wiring question...quick answer needed.

dirtbagz89 is offline dirtyTHIRTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wiring question...quick answer needed.

Hi. I'm wiring my cd player to the wiring harness....I have an extra orange wire on teh wiring harness and an extra black one.

There is no orange one on the cd player wires but there is a black one.

The black one on the cd player is fatter than the black one on the harness and the one on the cd player has a terminal on it...what do I do?

mavster is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wiring question...quick answer needed.

black one with the terminal is a ground...just mount it to any screw inside the dash you can reach...

I remember seeing the orange, the name slips me right now...but I remember I didn't use it when I wired a pioneer HU...

Ride: 2001 Nissan Altima GXE
    HeadUnit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Components: Blaupunkt VC660s
    Front Components Amplifier: Blaupunkt THA2125
    Subwoofer: JBL GTO1204BP-D
    Subwoofer Amplifier: Blaupunkt THA475

refs: Nismos14, Zeuslicious, perfecxionX, almond, brchd, RoLLaxPhile, Ultimate157, kmanian, slammed, 528hz, abdulwq, LopezEL, brazilianguy, kovemaster559, Earthman, jrgreene1968, ampjunkielikeme.

Mustang01 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like he said, the black is your ground.

SRim23 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the orange one is like your dimmer or something along those lines. ive been told not to hook that one up that with some cars it constantly blows fuses and could cause damage.

and honestly the ground you could just wire it up directly to your black ground on your harness. ive always just hooked my hu up to the ground on the harness and have never had a problem. some people hook it to the chassis and some to the harness. no one has really every given me an answer as to why you shouldnt hook it just straight to the harness. seems like a personal preference thing.

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

mavster is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well you can hook it up to either the factory ground or the harness ground....

doesn't make much difference to me, but i've been told that its just a better ground...

thats all..

Ride: 2001 Nissan Altima GXE
    HeadUnit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Components: Blaupunkt VC660s
    Front Components Amplifier: Blaupunkt THA2125
    Subwoofer: JBL GTO1204BP-D
    Subwoofer Amplifier: Blaupunkt THA475

refs: Nismos14, Zeuslicious, perfecxionX, almond, brchd, RoLLaxPhile, Ultimate157, kmanian, slammed, 528hz, abdulwq, LopezEL, brazilianguy, kovemaster559, Earthman, jrgreene1968, ampjunkielikeme.

frzninvt is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes the Orange lead is typically the Dimmer lead to dim the head unit's lighting when the marker/headlamps are turned on if the deck has that feature.

1995 Oriental Blue BMW 525i 5 Speed
    Stock Alpine System Actively Crossed Over & Amped w/CD 6-Disc Changer System with a/d/s 235is comps in front (3-Ways front, 2-Ways rear) sounds really good. All functions are displayed on the dash's check control display module.

Closed Thread