Closed Thread

Reload Thread: W200/H701 Problem

3onDubs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

W200/H701 Problem

I'm running a W200/H701 combo with a Nine.2X amp for my alpine type X comps.

This setup has been working great, with no issues. The other day, my positive batter terminal came loose, causing the car not to start. I wriggled the terminal a bit, and the car started just fine. This, in turn, caused the W200 to reset. This wasn't a problem as I have my settings saved on the H701 and I reloaded the preset.

Problem: Ever since that incident, my speakers are clipping when I play cd's.....be it a dvd, audio cd, whatever...it clips. I checked the amp, and the gains are set to the minimum.

When I play Ipod as the source, no clipping...plays just fine.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be? I'm completely stumped on this one....

Less is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: W200/H701 Problem

Hmm,

I have the same set up and whenever I lose the power, I still lose settings. Having no idea what settings you may have tweaked, or about your equipment, I would sure do a step by step run through EACH setting, not bypassing anything. Given when you said the problem started occuring, that seems like the best place to start. You may want to check the fuse into the head unit and into the processor. as well as assuring that your optical and/or optical connections are still making good connection.

It doesn't look like many answer qeustions here, sadly. Good luck to you.

Jim

Who wants to leave the car...
    '06 Honda Civic Coupe - Alabaster silver w/blackout lgts - dark tint
    ~ Pioneer DVD 4300 w/ Sarotech Digital Media player w/250gb hdd & 2- Ipod classics
    ~ Audison Bit one - with Pure I20 ipod digital out coming soon
    ~ Scanspeak Illuminator tweeters, Revelator Midrange, Morel 9 bass and JBL GTI 12 sub
    ~ McIntosh MC440M & Zapco 750.2 Reference
    ~ Custom Audio wiring, Enclosures, Relay system, Power wiring , False floor amp/processor installation, etc.

3onDubs is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: W200/H701 Problem

^^^ Thanks Jim....that was the first thing I did after setting the preset back. I stepped through the crossover/eq settings, etc. just to make sure. I find that if I have the power disconnected for a long period of time, it completely resets...in this case, it may have just been momentarily.

But the two things I haven't checked are the optical connection and fuse on the head unit...i'll look into that.

Closed Thread