Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Am I crazy? Avic D3 to 7900bt

djeazie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon9 Am I crazy? Avic D3 to 7900bt

Well I dont use the nav. nor do I watch movies. I really just like the larger screen. Ive been thinking of selling my D3 and getting the 7900bt. I feel as if I spent alot of dough for just a larger screen. Dont get me wrong the D3 is sweet h/u but is the 800 I spent worth it for me? I like the idea of the bluetooth built in on the 7900 but man do I wanna sell my D3 to get it? I know I could just buy the bluetooth adapter for the D3 but I dont know....... Anybody understand? Or am I crazy?

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Am I crazy? Avic D3 to 7900bt

The D3 has some of the best sound options you will find on a NAV unit. I use the Actor Stage setting along with the SLA @ full tilt and the clarity is unbelieveable. I too am a lil bit upset @ the inaccuracy of the Nav discs, and also that I don't watch DVD's either. But, oh well.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use the music studio setting and I really like that and I honestly think the D3 sounds better than my old 7800mp. Just not 800 bucks better, ya know?

Abell255 is offline Lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djeazie View Post
    I use the music studio setting and I really like that and I honestly think the D3 sounds better than my old 7800mp. Just not 800 bucks better, ya know?
    Well then my friend, i'd have to say you either didn't fully tune your system, or you just don't know what you are doing. With 16-bands of EQ, time-allignment, 5v outs, and misc. other sound tuning options, you should have a system un-touchable by the D3 as far as SQ. Those staging sound enhancing settings in my opinion are complete bullshit. I've noticed on my pioneer 5900dvd that all it does is distort my crystal clear type-X components...and without that enhancement on, i feel that the system lacks the output across the frequencies i'm used to with more tuning capabilities. Also, if you set time-allignment correctly, you should have much more of a "staging" affect then pio's "front stage" enhancement. Coming from the 7800 with all of those options, to an indash with a few SQ options (the 5900dvd even has a 7 band graphic eq), i feel my SQ has deteriorated immensely. So, i don't believe you would sacrifice SQ at all going to the 7900...it's just to bad pioneer left out all of the tuning options in the 07 models...but a 7 band EQ should probably do you well. Bluetooth should be pretty cool too, i actually just installed one of those units the other day, and with the mic mounted/fairly hidden up top, people i called couldn't tell i was using an actual hands free system. All in all, if SQ is a priority, i think you'll be a happy camper if you go with the 7900 too....just get used to the boring blue oel display..

- Eclipse CD7000
    - Alpine Type-X 6.5" Comps
    - Alpine Type-R 6x8 Comps
    - Image Dynamics IDMAX 12
    - Elemental Designs nINE.1
    - Elemental Designs nINE.4
    - Trunk/doors dynamatted

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In a real true sq system an eq shouldnt be necessary or used from what ive been told. It is nice to have to deal with bad speaker locations or improper imaging. And as far as im concerned the sound staging settings on this D3 are hands down the best simulated fields I have heard! Way better then the 7800 had. But what you have to keep in mind, what sounds good to me may not sound good to you. But your right on one thing getting used to a boring one color display would ****!

Closed Thread