Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Help With Deck Settings

Fenix is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Help With Deck Settings

I may need help with amp settings as well. I just got the Pioneer DEH4900 and am having a hell of a time tuning it.

There is a EQ option for Lows, Mids, and Highs. When I play with the low's I obviously get more output out of my subs, but am I to believe that that's the only option to set treble? Now, I'm not running am amp to my Infinity's yet, but I find it hard to believe that I can't get more out of that deck than that.

Also, when it comes to frequencies, can anyone help me out with some tried and true settings for both the sub frequencies on the deck and amp?

I had no sub control at all on my DEH1900, but it still played everything evenly. Now, the subs are hitting the highs like they used to. I'm running a Kicker ZX750.1 and two 12" Kicker cvr's. I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Stel is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help With Deck Settings

Are you using a low pass filter for your subs? They shouldn't be playing notes much higher than 100Hz, certainly not treble.

Head Unit: Panasonic CQ-C9701U
    Front Stage: Crystal Mobilesound SSCS 6
    Front Stage Amp: JBL GTO75.4
    Sub Stage: 2 Image Dynamics ID8v3 D4 mounted IB
    Sub Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate P4002

Fenix is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help With Deck Settings

Couldn't tell you my friend. I'll have to go play with the amp itself I think as I know theres some subsonic filter or something on it that may be on. I'll play with that option as well as the frequencies on the amp itself.

Closed Thread