Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Reload Thread: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

  1. #1
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Now i just want to know if you guys think this would be good investment in a future 5.1 set up and tunability because i will want to go active later but dont really need all the options of the cda 9887 right now want to know more and assemble the pieces for a great set-up. Now crutchfield say that it can control the PXA-H701 i just want to know if it would be good investment for somebofy that wants to learn more and go all out later.



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash




  2. #2
    jluv's Avatar
    jluv is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by bjayjr5679 View Post
    Now i just want to know if you guys think this would be good investment in a future 5.1 set up and tunability because i will want to go active later but dont really need all the options of the cda 9887 right now want to know more and assemble the pieces for a great set-up. Now crutchfield say that it can control the PXA-H701 i just want to know if it would be good investment for somebofy that wants to learn more and go all out later.
    The 701 is awesome, but I don't think you can control it from that unit. I could be wrong.




  3. #3
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by jluv View Post
    The 701 is awesome, but I don't think you can control it from that unit. I could be wrong.
    well the manual on page 22 http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products...-9885%20OM.PDF

    says that it can and it is ainet compatible



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash

  4. #4
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    anybody? will i need the controller to be able to use the time correction? Other than that Anybody?



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash

  5. #5
    jluv's Avatar
    jluv is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by bjayjr5679 View Post
    well the manual on page 22 http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products...-9885%20OM.PDF

    says that it can and it is ainet compatible

    I just looked at page 22 and didn't see anything about the H701.





  6. #6
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by jluv View Post
    I just looked at page 22 and didn't see anything about the H701.

    sorry its on page 21 under the heading Setting the External Digital Input

    Sorry for the confusion.



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash

  7. #7
    jluv's Avatar
    jluv is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by bjayjr5679 View Post
    sorry its on page 21 under the heading Setting the External Digital Input

    Sorry for the confusion.

    I still don't see anywhere that it says you can control the H701 from that unit.




  8. #8
    mendon99's Avatar
    mendon99 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    WPB, FL
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    you cannot control the H701 with this unit.

    only the RUX-C701, the W200/205 series, and the IVA-D310 can, in that order with full funtionality (d310 has the least). And possibly the F1 dvi unit...

    and im pretty sure it doesnt go through AI-net, because with that arguement even the 9883 could control it..

    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=PXA-H701

    the paragraph below the pic shows what controls it, but for whatever reason they forgot to add the W200 series..



    SOFL: PM me for Auto Alarm/Remote start installs

    refs: matmcss, nismos14, 6spdcoupe, kpr10is, Pyro by Nature, IONsql, 93 saturn sl2, sporty_drew, MadTheVillain, R-sosa, BiZkiT8u, Benilson09, bamavoo, XsabesX, ldyzlvudis06

  9. #9
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by mendon99 View Post
    you cannot control the H701 with this unit.

    only the RUX-C701, the W200/205 series, and the IVA-D310 can, in that order with full funtionality (d310 has the least). And possibly the F1 dvi unit...

    and im pretty sure it doesnt go through AI-net, because with that arguement even the 9883 could control it..

    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=PXA-H701

    the paragraph below the pic shows what controls it, but for whatever reason they forgot to add the W200 series..


    Alright first off its not a arguement and i am not trying to prove anything i was asking a question because Crutchfield and the user manual for the cda-9885 says that it can from the manual:

    Setting the External Digital Input
    When an ALPINE Ai-NET compatible digital audio processor
    (PXA-H701) and a DVD player (DVE-5207) not compatible with
    Ai-NET are connected, set Digital AUX to ON to enjoy 5.1-channel
    surround sound.
    • Press SOURCE/ , and select the D.AUX mode, and adjust the
    volume, etc.
    • Depending on the connected audio processor, DVD player sound
    may continue to be output, even though the source is changed to
    another one. If this occurs, set the DVD player’s power to OFF.

    and crutchfield's site:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-35Aqv0w...500CDA9885#Tab

    External Processor Controls: This unit can control an Alpine multi-channel sound processor, such as the PXA-H701 (item number 500PXAH701).


    So unless its a wrong on both sites i cant but if its right can.



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash

  10. #10
    James Bang's Avatar
    James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ^
    Age
    30
    Posts
    13,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    it should be able to control the h701. if the HU on alpine's website has this logo under it, it should be compatible w/ a processor.

    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...&lang=en&tab=D




  11. #11
    jluv's Avatar
    jluv is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    563
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by bjayjr5679 View Post
    Alright first off its not a arguement and i am not trying to prove anything i was asking a question because Crutchfield and the user manual for the cda-9885 says that it can from the manual:

    Setting the External Digital Input
    When an ALPINE Ai-NET compatible digital audio processor
    (PXA-H701) and a DVD player (DVE-5207) not compatible with
    Ai-NET are connected, set Digital AUX to ON to enjoy 5.1-channel
    surround sound.
    • Press SOURCE/ , and select the D.AUX mode, and adjust the
    volume, etc.
    • Depending on the connected audio processor, DVD player sound
    may continue to be output, even though the source is changed to
    another one. If this occurs, set the DVD player’s power to OFF.

    and crutchfield's site:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-35Aqv0w...500CDA9885#Tab

    External Processor Controls: This unit can control an Alpine multi-channel sound processor, such as the PXA-H701 (item number 500PXAH701).


    So unless its a wrong on both sites i cant but if its right can.
    Don't trust Crutchfield. They do get stuff wrong.

    That stuff you copied from the manual does not state that the unit controls the H701. It's telling you how to select the aux digital input, so that it will work with the H701. That doesn't mean you can control the functions via the head unit.

    My impression is that you needed the controller or a video head unit, like a DVA-XXXX or IVA-XXXX. Just because the two units hook up and communicate does not mean that the unit has the correct software to allow you to control the many, many functions of the H701.

    Maybe it does control it, but that is not what it's saying there on page 21.




  12. #12
    mendon99's Avatar
    mendon99 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    WPB, FL
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    Quote Originally Posted by bjayjr5679 View Post
    Alright first off its not a arguement and i am not trying to prove anything i was asking a question because Crutchfield and the user manual for the cda-9885 says that it can from the manual:

    Setting the External Digital Input
    When an ALPINE Ai-NET compatible digital audio processor
    (PXA-H701) and a DVD player (DVE-5207) not compatible with
    Ai-NET are connected, set Digital AUX to ON to enjoy 5.1-channel
    surround sound.
    • Press SOURCE/ , and select the D.AUX mode, and adjust the
    volume, etc.
    • Depending on the connected audio processor, DVD player sound
    may continue to be output, even though the source is changed to
    another one. If this occurs, set the DVD player’s power to OFF.

    and crutchfield's site:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-35Aqv0w...500CDA9885#Tab

    External Processor Controls: This unit can control an Alpine multi-channel sound processor, such as the PXA-H701 (item number 500PXAH701).


    So unless its a wrong on both sites i cant but if its right can.
    Im not trying to argue with you either dude, just stating the facts for everyone. im about 99% sure you can't control it with the 9885..

    Calling my Alpine rep now



    SOFL: PM me for Auto Alarm/Remote start installs

    refs: matmcss, nismos14, 6spdcoupe, kpr10is, Pyro by Nature, IONsql, 93 saturn sl2, sporty_drew, MadTheVillain, R-sosa, BiZkiT8u, Benilson09, bamavoo, XsabesX, ldyzlvudis06

  13. #13
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    I just want and need to know if it can or cannot.



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash

  14. #14
    mendon99's Avatar
    mendon99 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    WPB, FL
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    k just got off the phone with him.

    You need the controller or one of the video decks as mentioned earlier, so NO, it cannot be controlled by the 9885 or the 9887.



    SOFL: PM me for Auto Alarm/Remote start installs

    refs: matmcss, nismos14, 6spdcoupe, kpr10is, Pyro by Nature, IONsql, 93 saturn sl2, sporty_drew, MadTheVillain, R-sosa, BiZkiT8u, Benilson09, bamavoo, XsabesX, ldyzlvudis06

  15. #15
    bjayjr5679's Avatar
    bjayjr5679 is offline Father of Three

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: cda-9885 and PXA-H701

    thank you very much for the clarification



    2006 Honda Pilot

    HU: Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177R (waiting to be installed)
    Front Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 350.2
    SUB: 2 Arc8 d2 (waiting to install)
    Sub Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4


    CA: Refs
    Sold to:1phatclipse, 02Corvette
    Bought From: 2000lade, dconder, blue200sx, JDBuilder

    DIYMA refs
    Bought from: racing17, sterlingsharp1, joe1
    Sold to:ArcL100, Vash

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum