Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Problems with P7800

EO2k1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Problems with P7800

Hey guys i'm having some problems with the sound output on my newly installed 7800mp and was hoping to find some help here. I did actually SEARCH before I posted, and found one of my answers (the engine whining) But I couldn't find them all.

What I have is the Pioneer DEH-p7800MP headunit, a pair of MB Quart DTC169s. The rest is what was the factory "premium" for my car (98 acura 3.0CL). It was a boss system, but I dont' really think that info matters.

Ever since I installed the head unit, which was an upgrade from my previously stolen p8600 I've been having real problems with both my Highs and my Bass. I dont' really know how to describe the problem with my highs other than it seems like there is WAY too much trebble, i've tried adjusting it using the EQ but then it just makes everything sound like its inside a box and I can't handle that either. When someone is singing and hits a note like say S, it hisses really badly to the point where I cringe. I've considered trying to find multiple reasons for this, but can't come up with any. It does it with MP3s, CDs, and the Radio.

Does anyone have a suggestion that might help that? For all I know it could just be something with the settings that I have fubared and just don't realize it, but I don't think so. The reason I know its the head unit is becasue I didnt have the problem with the former 8600.

The other problem is bass. I don't expect to drive around rattling every part of my car, that's not what I want, I listen to rock. But even with my former head unit I could pump out decent base, but when I try to increase the bass output using different settings it just seems to make my first problem worse, and at higher volumes I just can't handle it.

All in all my "system" (if you want to call it that) just doesn't sound very good. I give it credit for being really really clear at higher volumes. But just on a "sounds good" factor the stock stereo in my GF's '06 cobalt seems to sound better... and I just can't figure out why.

Thanks to anyone who actually read this whole thing, and thanks in advance to anyone who responds with constructive responses. I'm pretty much willing to try anything to fix these problems. They could be all related and I just don't know it, but that's why I posted!

99StangGt is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Problems with P7800

only thing I can think of is make sure the compression is off, BMX is off, loudness is off, time alignment off, EQ flat and the crossovers are set correctly. Then set the Eq and time alignment to what you want.

Closed Thread