Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jbl Ms-8

Has anyone found much information on their new processor? I know about Gary Biggs BMW, but I'm having to wait until July to listen to it. I was wondering if anyone found more information about specs or anything.

2002 Green Chevy Z-71 Extended Cab pickup with bed cover - VEHICLE IS NO MORE
    Alpine VPA-B222 VehicleHub Pro, DVA-5210, TME-M770S, PXA-H700, KCA-100BT, TUA-T500HD
    Focal Be Tweeters, Be 6.5" Midrange, 21WX 8" Sub, 2x 40A 15" Subwoofer
    Focal 2 FP 1.800, FP 4.75
    2004/2005/2006 USACI World Champion
    2003 World Finalist

Babs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Jbl Ms-8

Here's a long thread an SQ competition friend of mine sent me.. pretty interesting..
    http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csfor...d.php?p=641590

Apparently at one time was called the Fix8, then if I'm correct, it went back to design and is now called the MS-8.
    8 channels, supposedly fairly extensive crossover capability.. Built in 8 channel amp, or preouts to larger amps, auto-calibration.. time alignment, etc.. But they're claiming better then the 3sixty.2 or the new alpine pxa-h650.. Well, maybe more features.. Looks promising. Wireless control panel included and mike for auto-calibration. Same principle as the other units, cleansweep, etc.. speaker level analog input from stock head units, de-EQ'ing and summing the OEM signal, then calibrating using their own algorithms.. Apparantly, their competition car did well with this unit and a sub/amp combo alone, using the oem head unit and speakers. Impressive.

SQChevy is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The BMW that Gary Biggs used scored the highest SQ score for IASCA and MECA. They did 1 hr worth of tuning and it was all BMW stock headunit and speakers. They added JBL amps, subs, and the MS-8 and that was it. I've been talking with people about it, but curious to know the more technical side. Thanks for the link I will have to look it up.

2002 Green Chevy Z-71 Extended Cab pickup with bed cover - VEHICLE IS NO MORE
    Alpine VPA-B222 VehicleHub Pro, DVA-5210, TME-M770S, PXA-H700, KCA-100BT, TUA-T500HD
    Focal Be Tweeters, Be 6.5" Midrange, 21WX 8" Sub, 2x 40A 15" Subwoofer
    Focal 2 FP 1.800, FP 4.75
    2004/2005/2006 USACI World Champion
    2003 World Finalist

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

price?

Babs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen $600 - $800.. Hopefully closer to the $600 given the alpine and rockford competition. I'll bet street pricing will adjust appropriately though depending on how it fairs next to the H650 and 3sixty units.. Looks like the cleansweep business from JL may need to sharpen their ad campaign maybe. If audio control gets the time alignment business included, they may have a viable hand in the card game as well.

Closed Thread

User Tag List