Closed Thread

Reload Thread: subs suddenly not working

yo0123yo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

subs suddenly not working

for some reason my subs just stopped working, on my headunit i used to have an option of setting the sub level from -15 to +15 but not the option is not availble at all , the amp for subs is on but they dont turn on an theres not setting. whats the problem?

subs- 2 12 type r
    amp-zx1500.1
    HU- kenwood excelon

blackbonnie is offline The Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: subs suddenly not working

do you still have the same HU?

HU - Pioneer 800prs
    Mids - Peerless HDS nomex 6.5's
    Highs - Seas Prestige Alumi-domes
    Front Stage Amp - Sundown 100.4D
    Sub - SA-12
    Sub Amp - Saz-1000D
    Wire - Knukonceptz, Kicker Hyperflex

Blackbonnie References/Feedback

skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

settings dont just magically go away... there are plenty of things that coulda happend. wire coulda bumped loose. woofers could be fried.

HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

mtlhead is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rca's come disconnected?

Yes, my membership on CA.com makes me a certified lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by bahn4lyfe View Post
    THERE AINT NO ZOOS HERE IN THE HOOD. WHY DONT YOU BRING YOUR MOM OUT HERE AND I'LL STICK MY FACE IN HER **** AND MY **** IN HER ***
    Quote Originally Posted by SyKo13 View Post
    Yea, brown spooge FTW
    2 TC 1000 8"s, 2000 watts, 1.6 cu ft @ 36 Hz = 139.5 DEEBEEZ
    Pioneer 7900BT

Bought: vette1, dru, ibanezcollector (ECA), Bumpin Ben Wallace (Sound Domain)
    Sold: dleccord, Hustler904, busabob, NMBR1SPT

100% on ebay

budahbuddy803 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if that option is not readily avalible and it was before then the rca came out of the amp or the HU. if those are good and you still dont have that option i am confused. Maybe a loose ground/power/remote but those wouldnt have anything to do with that option not being there anymore

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To all previous respondants thinking it is a loose connection of some sort I'll wager it is something much more simple....

yo0123yo~
    If the option for your sub level has suddenly become unavailable then I would say you accidentally turned the subwoofer outputs off.

If I'm right (and I could easily be mistaken but try this anyway) then here's what you need to do ~

The hat switch on the right-hand side of your HU (the one that changes channels when in Tuner mode or CD tracks when in Disc mode) needs to be pulled downward towards the bottom of the deck....as in lay your finger on the top edge of that hat switch and press downward towards the floor ~ not inward towards the HU's chassis but straight down ~ until you get a message on your display that says "Subwoofer: On" or something of that ilk.
    It is the exact same process to turn them off instead of on so I'm guessing you had that switch in just the right position when you weren't paying close enough attention and accidentally turned that output off.
    On all three eXcelon decks I've owned including my current XXV-01D when you deactivate the subwoofer preouts it removes the sub level adjustment option from its corresponding menu.

This is assuming that you still have a Kenwood eXcelon HU of some type as listed in your posting signature.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

yo0123yo is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post
    To all previous respondants thinking it is a loose connection of some sort I'll wager it is something much more simple....

yo0123yo~
    If the option for your sub level has suddenly become unavailable then I would say you accidentally turned the subwoofer outputs off.

If I'm right (and I could easily be mistaken but try this anyway) then here's what you need to do ~

The hat switch on the right-hand side of your HU (the one that changes channels when in Tuner mode or CD tracks when in Disc mode) needs to be pulled downward towards the bottom of the deck....as in lay your finger on the top edge of that hat switch and press downward towards the floor ~ not inward towards the HU's chassis but straight down ~ until you get a message on your display that says "Subwoofer: On" or something of that ilk.
    It is the exact same process to turn them off instead of on so I'm guessing you had that switch in just the right position when you weren't paying close enough attention and accidentally turned that output off.
    On all three eXcelon decks I've owned including my current XXV-01D when you deactivate the subwoofer preouts it removes the sub level adjustment option from its corresponding menu.

This is assuming that you still have a Kenwood eXcelon HU of some type as listed in your posting signature.

wow thank you man, you could not be more accurate. thanks alot

brchd is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post

yo0123yo~

X3

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yo0123yo View Post
    wow thank you man, you could not be more accurate. thanks alot
    That was it? You merely had the sub outputs deactivated?
    Cool.
    Glad it was something simple (and free!) to fix.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

skadude016 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

quick fix

HU:Kenwood Excelon KDC-889
    Speakers: CDT 61A's with rainbow x-overs
    Front amp: Autotek MM100.4
    Sub amp: (2) Audiopipe 1500's
    Subwoofers: (4) 15" Crunch GPV
    Box: 16 cubes tuned to 28hz (removable port)
    Extra Batt: C&D 139AH
    151.xx sealed up 154.xx in the kick

Closed Thread