Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood deck advice

808skindiver is offline da 808 ulua slayer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kenwood deck advice

rigth now i have a kenwood kdc 135 deck. i have a two channel amp for the speakerd and a 1200 watt amp for my sub. my deck rigth now has a 2 volt pre amp output. i was looking at the Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X790. it has three 5 volt preamp outputs. would that make my speakers and sub sound better?

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood deck advice

Quote Originally Posted by 808skindiver View Post
    rigth now i have a kenwood kdc 135 deck. i have a two channel amp for the speakerd and a 1200 watt amp for my sub. my deck rigth now has a 2 volt pre amp output. i was looking at the Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X790. it has three 5 volt preamp outputs. would that make my speakers and sub sound better?
    Potentially - as the KDC-X790 is in pretty much every category a considerably better deck than the KDC-135. The X790 has better internal processing - a crossover network that isn't even present in the 135 - the list could go on and on and on.....but the real question is what kind of 2-channel amp are you running and what kind of speakers is it powering and the same question applies for your "1200 watt" amp and your sub.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

808skindiver is offline da 808 ulua slayer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood deck advice

the 2 channel amp is a mtx 3202 200 watt amp powering two mtx 6x8 coaxials. the mono amp is a jbl gto 1201.1 powering a mtx 15" 9500.

Closed Thread