Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Using iPod as HU

Is it possible to use a iPod as a head unit.

You might ask why, well, it is going into a 1977 Dodge aspen which is used as a car for showing here around edmonton, therefore, keeping the stock unit is imperitive. I am looking to know if it possible to run a iPod as a HU, and amping all the speakers and the subs.

How would this be possible?

BTW, I did use the search and found nothing...

entropie is offline stop talking and listen..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Using iPod as HU

yes it is...you are going to have mess with input levels on the amp to compensate for the low input of the player.

on my winter beater i have this connected between my sansa e280 and my "audiophile" crunch ds-504. at the amp i have splitter going from 2 - 4 so i can run all 4 channels of the amp. the amp is old, i don't have the option to choose my input source. some newer amps give the ability to only use 2 channel inputs and switch it to support 4 channels.

at the end of the day considering the tin can mazda and the components used, it works and doesn't sound completely horrible.. good luck

one more thing, i think ipod has a cable which utilizes the proprietary dock (opposed to the headphones jack) on one end with rca connectors on the other. using the dock port it said to give you a better signal compared to the headphones jack. don't ask me why.

entropie

patrick
    04/95 BMW M3
    ~Nakamichi cd-500~ ~DLS UP6~ ~Alumapro BP-10~ ~A/D/S/ PH30.2~

Closed Thread

User Tag List